Recover Imgcache File

This is a discussion on Recover Imgcache File within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Hi guys! This is my first post here!!! I would like to know if someone here could help me to 'open' imgcache.0 file located in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Recover Imgcache File

Recover Imgcache File

Hi guys! This is my first post here!!!

I would like to know if someone here could help me to 'open' imgcache.0 file located in Android\data\com.android.gallery3d folder. This is a like a thumb file containing miniatures of old pictures, am I right?

How can I open it? Any clues?

Thanks!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Nobody?

Sorry, can't help you. Wanted to welcome you to the site.

to the forum. I just tried to open that folder. Seems I can't get it to open either. Have you tried looking in sdcard/DCIM/.thumbnails?

Tapped from a Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    to the forum. I just tried to open that folder. Seems I can't get it to open either. Have you tried looking in sdcard/DCIM/.thumbnails?

Tapped from a Nexus

Hi! Thanks for the answer!!!

Actually I deleted many files, including my DCIM folder. I've copied all files that were important for me. I think I had only a thumbnails folder there (not a file).

The thing is... I think this imgcache file has more photos in it. I would really lite to take a look and recover some stuff!

It was probably not a real good idea to have deleted all those files, and that is probably where your problem originated from. Are you rooted?
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    It was probably not a real good idea to have deleted all those files, and that is probably where your problem originated from. Are you rooted?
    I don't have the phone anymore! It broke down! The thing is... I'm almost sure I didn't see any thumbs file inside my DCIM folder. There was a thumbs folder with all thumbnails!

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    Quote Originally Posted by garotosurpresa View Post
    I don't have the phone anymore! It broke down! The thing is... I'm almost sure I didn't see any thumbs file inside my DCIM folder. There was a thumbs folder with all thumbnails!
    ".thumbnails" is a folder. It may include the thumbnails themselves and their data ".thumbdata3". Note that the point at the beginning marks this file as hidden. To see it, your file manager should have the function to show hidden files.

I don't think you can recover your images from the compressed cache of thumbnails. (imgcache.0) The purpose of this file is to load up the thumbnails in your gallery faster. You can't open this file on your phone, however, there may be some software available on PC that could allow you to read it, though even so, I doubt you could get any use of it.

If you hadn't done much with the SD card, you can use a deleted file recovery service to bring them back. The more you wrote on the storage, the less chance you have to recover it, though. If the storage is external, you can try doing this. If it's internal, you'll have to fix your phone.

What happened to your phone?
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tears_for_Fears View Post
    ".thumbnails" is a folder. It may include the thumbnails themselves and their data ".thumbdata3". Note that the point at the beginning marks this file as hidden. To see it, your file manager should have the function to show hidden files.

I don't think you can recover your images from the compressed cache of thumbnails. (imgcache.0) The purpose of this file is to load up the thumbnails in your gallery faster. You can't open this file on your phone, however, there may be some software available on PC that could allow you to read it, though even so, I doubt you could get any use of it.

If you hadn't done much with the SD card, you can use a deleted file recovery service to bring them back. The more you wrote on the storage, the less chance you have to recover it, though. If the storage is external, you can try doing this. If it's internal, you'll have to fix your phone.

What happened to your phone?
    Tears_for_Fears,

The screen was broken. I just formatted and sold it on ebay.

Actually I have 'recovered' my .thumbnails folder with every thumbnail it had in it. I just would like to know if this imgcache file would have different thumbnails inside (like thumbs from other apps)... I was trying to find a PC software to recover that. No success yet!

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    Quote Originally Posted by garotosurpresa View Post
    Tears_for_Fears,

The screen was broken. I just formatted and sold it on ebay.

Actually I have 'recovered' my .thumbnails folder with every thumbnail it had in it. I just would like to know if this imgcache file would have different thumbnails inside (like thumbs from other apps)... I was trying to find a PC software to recover that. No success yet!
    Yes, imgcache.0 (along with imgcache.1, imgcache.2 etc.) store cache of all images from the gallery.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links