HTC Nexus One Problems; All Self-Inflicted

This is a discussion on HTC Nexus One Problems; All Self-Inflicted within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Hi, Firstoff, I'm so damn new I don't even qualify yet to be called"Noob". I bought an HTC Nexus One on eBay and it was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: HTC Nexus One Problems; All Self-Inflicted

  1. #1
    Android Lurker rickz41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10

    HTC Nexus One Problems; All Self-Inflicted

    Hi, Firstoff, I'm so damn new I don't even qualify yet to be called"Noob". I bought an HTC Nexus One on eBay and it was loadedwith 2.3.4. But I could not get it to update. I then took a look at thebuild # "3.11.405.2CL81940" with "release keys" added in aline below. Google came up with two or three hits, all starting with"Weird Build...." I decided to get rid of it by rooting thephone. Over three days of fooling around with it and I am asking forhelp: after doing ALL KINDS OF THINGS (can't even remember the sequence), I'mstuck with a phone which when powered on no longer goes to the "X"splash screen but to "htc" with small yield signs with exclamationpoints in the four corners of the screen. The only way to power it down is toremove the battery. If I connect it to my Windows PC, it is recognized (I'vedownloaded the drivers, SDK Manager and AVD Manager) and I can perform certainfunctions using the command line within the SDK. But I can't format and startall over with a "stock" release let alone Jelly Bean which was mygoal when starting all this. Additional information I can provide:when I remove the phone from the USB, the Black "htc" screendisappears and a white screen replaces it with the following: Line 1) BlackRose-Madeby LeCache dl95244; line 2) STOCK 145/95/196; line 3) NEXUS ONE PV(or U)TS-off; line 4) HBOOT 7.3.5.5017 (PB9910000); line 4) TOUCHPANEL SYNT0103;line 5) RADIO-5.12.00.00; line 6) Apr 21 2012, 04:53:16; line 7) RUU. Line one, "BlackRose...", is black line with white characters. Lines2-6 are green characters on a white background (resembling the old boot screen)and finally, line 7, the "RUU" characters are white in anorange background, as though it's highlighted, asking for something. As saidabove, no buttons work (Track/Vol up, Vol down), and this is where thebattery has to be pulled to power it down. Can anyone help?? I'll domy best to reply with any specifics that I DO remember, but I've done so many,many things in the past three days I've lost track. Thanks.

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Super Moderator cali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,830
    Thanked
    329 times
    Welcome to the site. A member of the Rescue Squad should come along soon to help.

  4. #3
    Android Lurker rickz41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10
    Thank you and I hope they come soon!!

  5. #4
    Super Moderator UltraDroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio - the North Coast, Baby!
    Posts
    7,570
    Thanked
    519 times
    Hi Rick, and welcome to the forum! The problem we're experiencing is finding a Rescue Squad guy - or even a member, with practical knowledge of how a Nexus One operates. It's a vintage smart phone, of the same time frame as my original Droid (putting it as a 2010 phone) and I don't know of a single person who still uses that phone on a daily basis. I'm checking with friends, who may be knowledgeable enough to help you, but so far haven't had much luck.

    As I said, we are sorry about the delay in getting you help - and I can't promise that we'll ultimately be successful - but if you keep checking back, I hope to have someone lined up in the near future.

    -UltraDroid.
    rickz41 likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

    GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom


  6. #5
    Android Lurker rickz41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Hi Rick, and welcome to the forum! The problem we're experiencing is finding a Rescue Squad guy - or even a member, with practical knowledge of how a Nexus One operates. It's a vintage smart phone, of the same time frame as my original Droid (putting it as a 2010 phone) and I don't know of a single person who still uses that phone on a daily basis. I'm checking with friends, who may be knowledgeable enough to help you, but so far haven't had much luck.

    As I said, we are sorry about the delay in getting you help - and I can't promise that we'll ultimately be successful - but if you keep checking back, I hope to have someone lined up in the near future.

    -UltraDroid.
    Thank you!! I'll be checking back frequently to see if some solution is found; the phone itself is in near new condition, it looks perfect!!

  7. #6
    Android Junkie Tears_for_Fears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    Posts
    1,277
    Thanked
    230 times
    Hello and welcome to Android.net!

    Sorry for a late reply, I was gona for quite a while. I'll try to help you with your issue.

    First of all, try to access the Recovery mode and clear all data and cache there. To do this, power off your phone, press down on the*Trackball*and hold the*Power*button until the device boots to the bootloader. Once in the bootloader, press the Power*button once, use*Volume Down*to select "recovery" and press the*Power*button to select. It should then enter the Recovery mode. From there, you can wipe out all data (factory reset).

    Also, be sure to check what kind of Recovery image are you using - stock, ClockworkMod or Amon_Ra. This will be important.
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

    ~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.


  8. #7
    Android Lurker rickz41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tears_for_Fears View Post
    Hello and welcome to Android.net!

    Sorry for a late reply, I was gona for quite a while. I'll try to help you with your issue.

    First of all, try to access the Recovery mode and clear all data and cache there. To do this, power off your phone, press down on the*Trackball*and hold the*Power*button until the device boots to the bootloader. Once in the bootloader, press the Power*button once, use*Volume Down*to select "recovery" and press the*Power*button to select. It should then enter the Recovery mode. From there, you can wipe out all data (factory reset).

    Also, be sure to check what kind of Recovery image are you using - stock, ClockworkMod or Amon_Ra. This will be important.
    Hey- Clint Eastwood rules!! Anyway, back to the problem: thanks for taking this up but, as I said, NO buttons work at all, Track, volume, etc. For example: I have to take the battery out to power it off. Then I hit the power button and it boots to a VERY different splash screen than the "X" which was there before: "htc" with the caution signs at all four corners of the screen. It remains this way when I connect it to my Windows 7 64 bit PC (I hear the "ca-chunk!") that something's being recognized and I've double checked with Windows Device Manager which shows it connected. My only way of getting it to do anything is in a command prompt window within sdk/platform-tools. I was able to, I think, successfully load recovery-RA-nexus-2.0.0.img as well as confirm other tasks: fastboot devices returns my device serial, fastboot erase and fastboot format all succeeded. But nothing else. Finally, it is ONLY when I unplug the USB from the PC does the htc screen disappear and I get the orange highlighted 'RUU' as I wrote before. Agony!!
    Last edited by rickz41; 07-21-2013 at 10:14 AM. Reason: typo

  9. #8
    Android Junkie Tears_for_Fears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    Posts
    1,277
    Thanked
    230 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickz41 View Post
    Hey- Clint Eastwood rules!! Anyway, back to the problem: thanks for taking this up but, as I said, NO buttons work at all, Track, volume, etc. For example: I have to take the battery out to power it off. Then I hit the power button and it boots to a VERY different splash screen than the "X" which was there before: "htc" with the caution signs at all four corners of the screen. It remains this way when I connect it to my Windows 7 64 bit PC (I hear the "ca-chunk!") that something's being recognized and I've double checked with Windows Device Manager which shows it connected. My only way of getting it to do anything is in a command prompt window within sdk/platform-tools. I was able to, I think, successfully load recovery-RA-nexus-2.0.0.img as well as confirm other tasks: fastboot devices returns my device serial, fastboot erase and fastboot format all succeeded. But nothing else. Finally, it is ONLY when I unplug the USB from the PC does the htc screen disappear and I get the orange highlighted 'RUU' as I wrote before. Agony!!
    Wait, your buttons don't work at all? Not even in Recovery Mode? Just to be clear, does your phone vibrate 7 times when trying to turn it on or doing anything with it?

    Anyway, since you've managed to execute fastboot commands, you can try flashing back to stock. Note that if you want to proceed flashing custom ROMs (like your Jelly Bean goal), you have to flash back to stock and start from scratch. Nexus One is a pretty weird device.

    To do this, download the stock image and extract it somewhere easily accessible. Once you do that, just in case, make sure your device is recognized by typing fastboot devices. If it does, you can continue. You seem to have already erased userdata and cache so we can skip this. Then locate where you extracted the files and type in these commands:

    fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img


    Note: if you want to keep your custom recovery, skip "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img", otherwise type that in as well.

    When it all finishes, type in fastboot reboot.

    Stock firmware should be installed now. Note that it will not lock your bootloader. Then you should carefully proceed in following steps to root and flash a custom ROM.
    Last edited by Tears_for_Fears; 07-22-2013 at 11:22 AM.
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

    ~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.


  10. #9
    Android Lurker rickz41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10
    Hi. Device is connected and recognized. I extracted the stock image file to android-sdk\platform-tools and ran the following: C:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot devices
    HT0ALP801351 fastboot
    C:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    error: cannot load 'userdata.img': Unknown error

    C:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools> After 16-17 hours yesterday with helpful guys @ xda, [Q] Google Nexus One Stuck into boot screen - Page 2 - xda-developers , I'm ready to throw into Lake Michigan.

  11. #10
    Android Lurker rickz41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by rickz41 View Post
    Hi. Device is connected and recognized. I extracted the stock image file to android-sdk\platform-tools and ran the following: C:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot devices
    HT0ALP801351 fastboot
    C:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    error: cannot load 'userdata.img': Unknown error

    C:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools> After 16-17 hours yesterday with helpful guys @ xda, [Q] Google Nexus One Stuck into boot screen - Page 2 - xda-developers , I'm ready to throw into Lake Michigan.
    I tried again, this time going doen the list of commands you provided and interestingly,
    C:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\22607-ERD79-update-nexusone-stock-signed>
    astboot devices
    HT0ALP801351 fastboot
    C:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\22607-ERD79-update-nexusone-stock-signed>
    astboot flash userdata userdata.img
    error: cannot load 'userdata.img': Unknown error

    C:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\22607-ERD79-update-nexusone-stock-signed>
    astboot flash boot boot.img
    sending 'boot' (2044 KB)...
    OKAY [ 0.302s]
    writing 'boot'...
    OKAY [ 0.715s]
    finished. total time: 1.024s
    C:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\22607-ERD79-update-nexusone-stock-signed>
    astboot flash system system.img
    error: cannot load 'system.img': Unknown error

    C:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\22607-ERD79-update-nexusone-stock-signed>
    astboot flash recovery recorery.img
    error: cannot load 'recorery.img': Unknown error

    C:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\22607-ERD79-update-nexusone-stock-signed>
    astboot reboot
    rebooting...
    finished. total time: 0.027s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Nexus Problems
    By imnotcharlotte in forum Google Phones
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2013, 07:21 PM
  2. Some Problems with my Nexus One
    By mdawson in forum Nexus One
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 09:52 AM
  3. Nexus problems
    By hocyplyer1 in forum Nexus One Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 07:18 PM
  4. Problems With Nexus Again
    By eric0668_nexusone in forum Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 12:00 AM
  5. Nexus One and 3G Problems
    By dandroid in forum Nexus One
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 05:39 PM

Search tags for this page

blackrose lecahe
,
htc nexus one flashing battery life
,
htc nexus one on problem
,
htc nexus one problem
,

htc nexus one problems

,
htc nexus one troubleshooting
,
install blackrose alone on nexus one
,
nexus one htc problems
,

nexus one problems

,
??????? erd79
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum