GSF (Google Service Framework) ID Problem

This is a discussion on GSF (Google Service Framework) ID Problem within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Hi guys... Since few weeks now, i'm facing to an unsolvable trouble that prevent me to access to google play (with the famous error "No ...

Thread: GSF (Google Service Framework) ID Problem

GSF (Google Service Framework) ID Problem

Hi guys...

Since few weeks now, i'm facing to an unsolvable trouble that prevent me to access to google play (with the famous error "No Connexion"). I spent hard time to search why, tried some fixes found on the web... Nothing works.
    This morning, i found with the Android Device-ID application that my "GSF Device-ID" is set to "null" ! Said differently, i'm pretty sure that my device (Samsung Galaxy S2) can't be recognized and identified on Play store because of this, giving me the "No Connexion" error.

Does anybody here know how i could fix this invalid ID (which is confirmed with the *#*#8255#*#* trick : aid:0 (INVALID AID!!!)

Thanks in advance for your help.
    cheers

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I am more and more convinced that the secret of this famous GSF ID is jealously guarded by its creators, and finally how to handle it are not or little known ... And for good reason, since this is for Google one of the only way to identify and thus tracking devices safely and reliably. Make it easily editable would be a disaster for them I guess ...
    I still dare to hope that some geniuses who frequent this forum have already faced this problem and had pierced the mystery and how to handle this identifier.

I wrote to Google support and they just replied me that my device is rooted and thus they can not help...

Welcome to the forum!
    First, we're going to need some more information about your device. You're obviously rooted, so we're going to need to know what method you used to root. What is the model # of your S2 and what rom are you on? Have you tried flashing your Nandroid backup? (this is the backup image that you should have performed before flashing a rom to your device) Have you tried flashing a different rom to see if that fixes the problem? Have you tried returning to stock yet?
    Once we can get these answers, we can begin to troubleshoot this problem and/or offer you some assistance.

tap'n

Quote Originally Posted by CR6
    Welcome to the forum!
    Thank you, i'm glad to be there !

First, we're going to need some more information about your device. You're obviously rooted,
    so we're going to need to know what method you used to root.
    I used ODIN to just put an unsecure kernel

What is the model # of your S2 and what rom are you on?
    My SGS2 is an I9100PBVKI2.
    Don't laugh at me! I'm still with GB 2.3.4 (which is perfect for me... Didn't want to upgrade to ICS or JB). I kept the Orange operator stock ROM. Kernel is a 2.6.35.7 KI3

Have you tried flashing your Nandroid backup? (this is the backup image that you should have performed before flashing a rom to your device)
    Like a noob that i was, i didn't do any backup as i just wanted to put an unsecure kernel, not flash the whole ROM. So i don't have any Nandroid Backup of my device before i had this problem

Have you tried flashing a different rom to see if that fixes the problem? Have you tried returning to stock yet?
    No i didn't try different ROM, i'm not a power user, i just wanted a working smartphone rooted, not try and experiment every ROM of the creation

Once we can get these answers, we can begin to troubleshoot this problem and/or offer you some assistance.
    Thanks very much for your reply and help.

I found the beginning of an answer with the sources code of an app "Android ID" :

Code:
    private static final Uri URI = Uri.parse("content://com.google.android.gsf.gservices");
    private static final String ID_KEY = "android_id";

String getAndroidId(Context ctx) {    
    String[] params = { ID_KEY };    
    Cursor c = ctx.getContentResolver().query(URI, null, null, params, null);    

if (!c.moveToFirst() || c.getColumnCount() < 2)        
        return null;    

try {        
    return Long.toHexString(Long.parseLong(c.getString(1)));    
    } catch (NumberFormatException e) {        
       return null;    }
    In my case, i get a "null" for GSFID. That means no columns are found in reply to the query.
    I have verified this by installing aSQLiteManager on my SGS2, and opening the gservices.db database.

My problem now is to find what are the key fields
    that are supposed to be filled in order to have a GSF value returned.
    Maybe some of you could provide me this information by having a look to your own configuration.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Jimi00; 02-01-2014 at 04:45 AM.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links