WIFi Network Sharing Android and Computers (ES File Explorer)

This is a discussion on WIFi Network Sharing Android and Computers (ES File Explorer) within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; I have four Windows 8.1 computers on my home network. All four computers can read, write, edit, delete and save all files on all computers ...

Thread: WIFi Network Sharing Android and Computers (ES File Explorer)

WIFi Network Sharing Android and Computers (ES File Explorer)

I have four Windows 8.1 computers on my home network. All four computers can read, write, edit, delete and save all files on all computers (no limits on sharing capabilities). My wife and I do a lot of file sharing. I have sharing permissions set the same on all four computers.

I also have a Samsung Note 3 phone and a Samsung Tab S 10.5 tablet that access the Internet on my Wi-Fi network.
    I want to be able to sit back in my easy chair and access files on all four computers with my Android devices. I installed "ES File Explorer" on the Android devices for accessing files on my computers over the Wi-Fi network. The odd thing is that the two Android devices can access, read, write, edit, save and delete files on one computer only (computer #3), see below sketch.

I want to be able to access computers #1 and #4. I have checked the sharing settings and permissions over and over but with the Android devices can only access computer #3. If there is a network expert with some possible ideas for a resolution it would be appreciated.

Computers 1, 2 and 4 are identified in ES File Explorer on the Android devices. Actually I can click on each computer in the LAN screen and a layout with the drives will open. Although when I click on a drive I get a message "The account has no permissions". Note, all computers have same settings and permissions.

I just loaded X-Plore app and get the same results.

More information abut my shared settings and permissions on the computers (all set the same):
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Curtindale; 11-02-2014 at 11:29 AM.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

OK, I figured out the resolution and it works like a charm. I can now access all four computers, drives, directories and files on my Wi-Fi network. I had to set each computer for "Password protected sharing".
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for providing the update. And BTW, welcome to the site!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links