Rooting Troubles

This is a discussion on Rooting Troubles within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; So I have a galaxy s4 (sgh-m919) and I bought it rooted. (both binary and ROM are custom when put into odin). However, SuperSU and ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CR6

Thread: Rooting Troubles

Rooting Troubles

So I have a galaxy s4 (sgh-m919) and I bought it rooted. (both binary and ROM are custom when put into odin). However, SuperSU and other super user apps say that the device is unrooted, does this mean that the root failed? Whatever the case, how can I do an unroot?

I'm not the biggest fan of 4.2.2, and I'm tired of 3rd party launchers, lockers, and status bars. I really just want the 4.4 OTA

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Without knowing what method was used to root, it's difficult to tell you how to proceed. You might Google "S4 SGHM919 return to stock" and see what directions pop up. You could also try downloading KIES to your PC, and try pushing an OTA update that way. Usually that will break root and return you to stock while updating your device.
    (Just make sure to backup all your contacts and files before doing anything)
    Good luck!

S5 tap'n

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links