Virtual Email Address

This is a discussion on Virtual Email Address within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Hello guys and gals. I would like to know if anyone who uses the virtual email address is having any problems? I have had this ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CR6

Thread: Virtual Email Address

Virtual Email Address

Hello guys and gals. I would like to know if anyone who uses the virtual email address is having any problems? I have had this set up for years- at least 5, and never had this problem before. I have been receiving spam emails that wants me to "work from home" for them with a link to their web page. These emails are being sent from my virtual email address to my virtual email address, which is then forwarded to my normal email that is listed as my forwarding email address for the virtual email.

I know sounds a little confusing! Imagine my surprise when I looked to see who is sending me this stuff and it was ME!!!!

Anyone else having this problem? I have just changed my password for this site- although I don't think it will help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

There was a recent news story last week which stated there was a major hack to "vBulletin forums" which has affected thousands of forums and hundreds of thousands of users. You did the right thing by changing your password, but I would also suggest disabling your Android.net email for now so nothing will be forwarded to your gmail addresses or other emails you may have attached to any of your forum accounts.

With hackers targeting mobile users more and more these days, it's a good idea to set a reminder in your calendar to change your passwords on a monthly basis. Spam is ever increasing and frustrating enough as it is, but protecting your identity, your credit cards and banking information is MUCH more important in this day & age.

Good luck & please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

S5 tap'n
    Last edited by CR6; 06-24-2016 at 06:25 PM.
    buzzman likes this.

I know when we set up the virtual emails, I think I read that it couldn't be changed. Ever. Too bad cause if I could change it I would. I will temporarily disable it. I hardly use it, but it's nice to have. Thanks for the reply CR6.

I just tried to disable it but can't seem to find a way to do that. I changed the forwarding address to a throwaway address I use for now. The status of the virtual email address changed to pending- so I can change the forwarding address but can't seem to disable it.

I'm real curious if I'm the only one.
    Last edited by buzzman; 06-25-2016 at 08:51 PM.

No problem! To be honest you're the only person I know of who still uses it. (for at least the past couple of years now) Maybe someone else will chime in soon and let us know they still use it.

S5 tap'n

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links