Accessing Private Network Through VPN

This is a discussion on Accessing Private Network Through VPN within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Dear All, I have set up a VPN server (PPTP) on a Mac Mini, in my home network. I have Set up a VPN client ...

Thread: Accessing Private Network Through VPN

Accessing Private Network Through VPN

Dear All,

I have set up a VPN server (PPTP) on a Mac Mini, in my home network.

I have Set up a VPN client on my android phone (Samsung S5) and tablet (Samsung Galaxy note), using all the requirements.

I have tried to access my VPN from my phone, using my 3G, and it works. I can connect.

The problem is that from this point, I cannot access any device nor server inside my private network.

I have tried also to set my phone as an Internet access point (without activating the VPN, of course) and to access the wifi from my tablet through my phone. Here also, the VPN connection works, but no access to any device nor server in my private network...

If I try doing the same on a Windows Computer (Internet Access is my phone), I can access the VPN AND the devices or server in my private network.

My question is: What could I do to allow my phone or tablet (in fact any Android device), to access my private network devices and servers through my VPN? I don't know if I should use a specific software (I've used the default VPN client on my Android phone/tablet), or setup an order in the services to use the VPN first, or...

Many thanks in advance for your kind help,
    Philippe

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wow guys,
    I'm really surprised, more than 160 people read this post and no one experienced a VPN connection with Android...
    No clue? Even a little one?...
    Where is the Rescue Squad?...
    Phil

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links