Moto G Power (2020) Phone App/Calling Randomly Stops Working

This is a discussion on Moto G Power (2020) Phone App/Calling Randomly Stops Working within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Hi everyone. I have a 2020 Moto G Power that uses the Verizon LTE network but is unlocked and on a Straight Talk plan. I ...

Thread: Moto G Power (2020) Phone App/Calling Randomly Stops Working

Moto G Power (2020) Phone App/Calling Randomly Stops Working

Hi everyone. I have a 2020 Moto G Power that uses the Verizon LTE network but is unlocked and on a Straight Talk plan. I bought it used and it has Android 11 on it. Build number is RPMS31.Q1-54-13-6 and is all stock, but it just had a security update overnight, so not the same that i've been having the issue on.

The problem I'm having with the phone is that I noticed that calling will randomly not work. I'll try to make a call, there will be no audible sounds on the handset like the normal ringing or anything, and the call will just hang up after a few seconds. I've been fixing it temporarily by rebooting the phone and it starts working after it comes up.

The issue appears to be either with the whole phone, or just the Phone app/calling in general. I only ever checked the calling function before trying to mitigate it with a reboot.

Has anybody heard of this kind of issue, know what might be causing it, or know any steps to troubleshoot it or permanently fix it?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not a tech expert, but just from reading your inquiry, might guess that your problem could be why the former owner sold the phone. Perhaps someone with more expertise could chime in with a better response.

Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Not a tech expert, but just from reading your inquiry, might guess that your problem could be why the former owner sold the phone. Perhaps someone with more expertise could chime in with a better response.
    Well the thing is, I've had this phone for about a year and half now. This only started doing this maybe a few weeks ago, and it's happened maybe 4 times or so. Not crazy, but just annoying.
    Wondering if it was something with an update, because a security update got installed maybe a couple to few days ago and it hasn't happened really since then.
    Either that or maybe my service provider at the time, but i haven't checked with them or know a way to determine which one it was.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links