Droid X boot loop

This is a discussion on Droid X boot loop within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; I was talking to one but he was heading to bed, so I couldn't get him over here. I see you're posting over on DF, ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Droid X boot loop

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    I was talking to one but he was heading to bed, so I couldn't get him over here. I see you're posting over on DF, so hopefully you'll get some help somewhere.

Oh, and viola! Your thread has a new home.

Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    I was talking to one but he was heading to bed, so I couldn't get him over here. I see you're posting over on DF, so hopefully you'll get some help somewhere.

Oh, and viola! Your thread has a new home.
    Thanks and yea i posted over there hoping to get some more techy minds on it I have a feeling i won't eb the only one to ever have this problem, even if theres very few that do. if we can get it resolved it'll be a huge help.

btw thanks for all your help so far ^_^

EDIT: i'll be out most of the day tomorrow, but maybe we can bring this to a skype or something or even team viewer so u can see exactly whats going on. I don't mind, but let me know
    Last edited by Rangerwolf; 02-26-2011 at 01:57 AM.

are you running 32 or 64 bit windows? there are separate drivers for each on my site (linked in the sbf guide FBM posted) (bit.ly/droidxsbf) also try running RSD lite as an admin, also try switching usb setting in RSD lite under the config drop down menu, if you're using a desktop try using the usb ports on the back of the tower, they seem to work better.

Cleaned out everything on ym system of RSD and moterla and on my laptop and re downloaded everything from your guide and still no dice. I've tried using 2 different sync cables, one OEM and one that came with m brothers droid Incredible. The phone is recognized on the moterla symbol screen, but not on the bootloader, it always says please connect USB Data Cable

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Did you ever get the live CD to work?

Just a couple more tips from maderschramm

(sometimes changing the Device ID helps RSD_Lite find the device)
    If your device isn't listed it's probably a driver issue, install the drivers you downloaded after uninstalling the previous drivers you had installed. Use the device manager for this. Run/search (XP/Vista-7, respectively) devmgmt.msc. You could also toggle the DeviceID settings from the config menu in RSD_Lite. That has worked in the past.

Okey well i took it into verizon today to have it checked out and they said some of the water markers were tripped so they said the chips might have been damaged. I tried everything listed here before i left and everything possible. Without the bootloader accepting the USB connection i think it was dead anyways. So i sold it for parts today for $190. Still made some money off of it, and now i can buy one that works. I think if someone else runs across this problem, they need to open it up and have it checked out for damage because it was not working properly. Thanks for all your help, but there was nothing working with this phone and i don't know its history with it being from ebay.

I look forward to my next droid phone to work with it.

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Sorry it didn't work for you, but if a rep says the immersion indicators were tripped then that's exactly what happened.

Probably took a porcelain cruise. Best you don't have it anymore. And good job on making some money on it, just so long as you were honest! :D

haha yea Craigslist ad saying it was bootlooping and i had no idea how to fix it anymore. so i wouldn't be able to pass that off when they check the phone anyways so its always best to be honest

Already looking for a new droid X to play with, and i can't wait cause i feel like i know more about it then i should ever lol.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links