rooting and loading a custom rom moto milestone !!!

This is a discussion on rooting and loading a custom rom moto milestone !!! within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; hey guys .. i got a motorola milestone running 2.1 ... im from india ... suppp so here goes .. i tried to root my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: rooting and loading a custom rom moto milestone !!!

Android Lurker Rohan J S Marhas's Avatar

rooting and loading a custom rom moto milestone !!!

hey guys .. i got a motorola milestone running 2.1 ... im from india ... suppp
    so here goes .. i tried to root my phone using superoneclick method , i managed to do so cuz i saw superuser in my apps , then i tried to load a custom rom using this method -->
    How To: Load a Custom ROM on Your Android Phone (After Any One Click Root Methods) | TheUnlockr
    i got stuck on pt 7 , nandroid backup .. no option ther as showin in the vid ( they r using a nexus in it )

so i started searching n found this method
    How to Root Motorola Milestone
    Install Android 2.2 Froyo based CyanogenMod 6 on Motorola Milestone

on the rooting procedure i got stuck on the 12th step .. it says apply update .. then i get tht error
    E:EOCD marker occurs after start of EOCD E:signature verification failed

then i did this --> Unzip Disable recovery check by OTA and copy contents to SD Card\OpenRecovery\Scripts
    still the same problem

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

one more thing .. i downloaded the titanium backup and it asked for superuser permission and i allowed it n it accepted .. so it means m already rooted rite ( by the superoneclick root method )
    so if i am rooted the question is how do i install a custom rom ???

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Installing a ROM on a Milestone can be a Byzantine task. I've heard people having success with ROM Manager, and I've heard of people having it screw their phones up.

What version of the Milestone do you have? Have you seen this video?

Also, have you hit the project source to try to get the Milestone-version of CyanogenMod on your phone?

cyanogenmod4milestone - Project Hosting on Google Code

@ FBM -- i was providing the best support I knew how over at xda... but needed some additional firepower so I referred him here. The thread at xda wasn't getting much love...

Here is our original thread: [Q] superoneclick root and then custom rom - xda-developers

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Thanks. I'll look into it if none of that above pans out -- unless you're saying you already tried those.

@FBM: i directed him on how to flash the vulnerable recovery sbf using rsdlite, but then when he tries to flash the root update.zip, he gets a recovery error as far as i understand...

@rohan ... AH HA! i think i've got it! ... you said you get hung on step 12 on this walkthrough?

Copying the "disable recovery check" .sh file that we discussed won't do anything for that recovery. That only works once you've flashed OPENRECOVERY. So here we go... here's what you need to do now:

- Connect your phone via usb (you would install the drivers for Moto and RSDLite here, but I believe you already have them installed)
    - On your computer, rename the "milestone_root.zip" file to "update.zip" and copy it to the ROOT of your sdcard (not in a folder)
    - Keep your phone connected via usb
    - Start up RSDLite, make sure your device is detected and select the vulnerable recovery sbf file
    - Click "Start" to flash the vulnerable recovery SBF file AGAIN. Your phone will reboot into the bootloader, apply the sbf, then reboot back into the bootloader. Once this happens, and you receive a PASS (it will be in GREEN letters under the rightmost column in RSDLite where you will see the progress of the flash)
    - At this point, if you receive anything other than "Finished" or "PASS" just restart your phone and try it again.
    - Once you receive a PASS, EXIT RSDLite and disconnect your phone (your phone may shut off when it's disconnected)
    - Then power your phone OFF (if it's not already)
    - Boot up into recovery by holding X + the Power button until the Motorola "M" shows up (here you are booting into the "vulnerable recovery" you just flashed)
    - You will get a little triangle with an exclamation point and a phone under it.
    - Press UP on the volume rocker + the camera button to access the recovery menu
    - Click "apply update: update.zip" (your renamed root update.zip)
    - If you receive a signature error, the vulnerable recovery did not flash *properly* and was not in place (it's difficult to tell if it's the "vulnerable" recovery or the regular one because the "vulnerable" recovery is just a modification of the stock recovery)
    - Once you've applied the update.zip, you ARE ROOTED.
    - Just reboot back into android and get on with on flashing OpenRecovery and CM6: Install Android 2.2 Froyo based CyanogenMod 6 on Motorola Milestone

EDIT: wow... that was a lot to type lol

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    If you think THAT was bad, wait till you see what I typed up last night. :D

Sneak peek -- it has nothing to do with this thread.

Let us know how it goes, Rohan. If you have any problems we'll see what we can do to fix it for you.

Well... I've done worse...or better... depending on the perspective lol

Sent from my Droid using Android.net App

again signature verification failed .. wht is happening m doin as im told still grrrrr

i tried loading a custom rom using rom manager , it loads in recovery then the procedure says do a nandroid backup ? .. how do i do tht .. i guess this is another way to do it since the above method is still giving signature errors .
    How To: Load a Custom ROM on Your Android Phone (After Any One Click Root Methods) | TheUnlockr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links