Importing Contacts?

This is a discussion on Importing Contacts? within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; I'm mainly concerned on now doing this successfully importing ALL my contacts... Tried GMail, it didn't sync them all, tried AS Contacts Sync it didn't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Importing Contacts?

Importing Contacts?

I'm mainly concerned on now doing this successfully importing ALL my contacts...

Tried GMail, it didn't sync them all, tried AS Contacts Sync it didn't work (Maybe cause it's the wrong input field compared to windowsmobile text contact field inputs), tried MeContacts and XML it fails and has to FC... Grrrr!!! Even tried ON Contacts it worked but also didn't display all my contacts. Offline Contacts Sync says it imported all of them, but then I don't see them in the phone.

I done it with default contacts app and import from sd card .vcf type file... It displays my contacts and all the fields but no calling or texting option and in stuff like ContApps (Which I'd like to use) it says when I click on a contact no info is found or something along those lines...

I've tried and tried and tried with GMail and it'll import/sync them but then when everything is done and I click on a contact it'll say: "No additional information for this contact" and not all of my contacts will show up either... My contacts are in the My Contacts group on my GMail.

I'm running Froyo 2.2.2

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Hmm. I've never had any issues with importing/exporting the vcf file. Gmail should sync, maybe it doesn't sync right away but it should sync in a bit.

I believe I found the problem...

At the very top upper half nothing is filled in for phone numbers and what not... It's all filled out below in different fields:

Second line down, it's the grey area...
    I hope this is it and it solves my problem, if it is the cause then will be a tedious task to do... LoL

Twitter
    @SteadyHawkin
    Was that your issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Steady Hawkin View Post
    Was that your issue?
    Yup that fixed it, although then I exported "My Contacts" Group to a vCard (.vcf) and went to contacts clicked the menu button and then clicked Import From SD and it was a lot faster than GMail sync'ing them...

Twitter
    @SteadyHawkin
    Sweet, the good news is you only have to set it up once. After that your set, any android phone, tablet, or general gmail!

Yea now I can go back to fully (for once) enjoying android on my htc touch pro2...

So far I'm loving it, it's funny that android runs better on the htc touch pro2 than winmo 6 or 6.5! But I like the fact that I can switch between OS's. Seriously my calls connect immediately when I make one, and when I'm receiving calls it starts ringing on the end of the first ring (Callers end) as for when in winmo 6.5 it takes anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds for my call to connect and go out and it only picks up and rings on the 2nd ring (Callers end)

Only thing I need to figure out now and starting looking into is boost mobile's mms settings, everything else works perfectly. Oddly I can send pic messages but can't receive them.
    Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 04-26-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Try a third party mms app like handcent, go sms, or chomp. The stock messenging app f9r me doesn't work all the time either so I usually use handcent.

Twitter
    @SteadyHawkin
    Yea handcent is the only way to roll.

i am having the same problem, however, i don't use gmail so there is nothing to import. I use Outlook as my email. Like the above.....i tried and tried to import and get 'no contacts' available although they are on my sim card. Driving me nuts. I have a G2X and use Outlook as my email. Can you help?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links