G2X-Do I have a problem

This is a discussion on G2X-Do I have a problem within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Hi guys, I successfully rooted my T Mobile G2X with SuperOneClick and was planning on installing Gingerbread. I also installed ClockWorkMod ROM Manager (I have ...

Thread: G2X-Do I have a problem

G2X-Do I have a problem

Hi guys,

I successfully rooted my T Mobile G2X with SuperOneClick and was planning on installing Gingerbread. I also installed ClockWorkMod ROM Manager (I have been following a step by step on android police.) I did the step that said to flash clockwork mod recovery and then went on to "backup current Rom." It rebooted my phone as it said it should, and it brought up the black screen with the green droidman as it shows it will but it has been sitting here for over 10 minutes and does not seem to be doing anything at all. There is nothing that says "waiting for SD card to mount, etc." It almost seems frozen. If anyone can help, with what to do now I would appreciate it. I have only had this phone for 24 hours! Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Is it still locked on bootloader screen?

yes, I left it for over 30 min and it never did anything, so I removed the battery and tried again two more times and it did the same thing! I also found this suggestion on another page:
    "To fix it, go to ROM Manager’s Settings (Menu>Settings) and enable Advanced Mode. This should allow you to see experimental versions of the recovery images, which are incidentally not as buggy as 1.8.1.1.I have 1.8.1.3 running and the latest is 1.8.1.4 – try those out and you should be golden."

So I purchased the full version of Rom Manager so that I could enable advanced mode, however I cannot find anywhere how to use other recovery images. The "Flash Alternate Recovery" option is greyed out. I have to backup before I can install Gingerbread or another ROM right? b I have a rooted phone that I cannot do anything with!

I have not rooted a g2x. Let me check into something I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Did you backup before you tried flashing gingerbread to your phone? If so, what did you use for backup? Also, when your in cwm recovery can you select your backup of your rom prior to flashing gingerbread? Did you use your volume rocker to select install from SD card?
    Last edited by SLAG IT!; 05-13-2011 at 02:19 AM.

I'm having the same problem my screen was just stuck on that icon. Just a quick question do I need to have an SD card to do this? Please help!

yes you do

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links