Restore Vortex

This is a discussion on Restore Vortex within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Alright, I will be the first to admit that I rushed a little into rooting my phone. I used GingerBreak 1.1 to gain superuser access ...

Thread: Restore Vortex

Restore Vortex

Alright, I will be the first to admit that I rushed a little into rooting my phone.

I used GingerBreak 1.1 to gain superuser access to my Verizon LG Vortex, android version 2.2.2. I did not do any ROMs, only uninstalled a couple apps like CityID, Kindle, and I think Scrabble.

Everything seems to be working fine - actually, great!

Well, now I have purchased a Droid X from a person, and would like to give the Vortex to my wife. However, I would like to give it to her vanilla.

I have read that GingerBreak 1.2 has an unroot feature. Will that do what I want?

Thanks in advance for any help with this. Not a catastrophic issue, just would like to have this done before Monday, when I will be expected to turn over the Vortex :-)

Shane

--EDIT--

Okay, so I restored factory settings on the phone, and that went as expected - factory settings, with superuser still present, and those aforementioned apps gone (Kindle, Skype, CityID, Scrabble). Then I downloaded GingerBreak 1.2, UnRooted, and that worked as well. Now the phone is completely OEM (as far as I can tell!) with the uninstalled apps still gone. Those are not stuff my woman would miss anyway.

My new question is whether any updates will be successful. If anyone has any productive input on that, I would be forever in your debt.

Shane
    Last edited by sigshane; 06-24-2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: update to situation

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Here's an enlightened thought - what if I was to simply go to the Market, and reinstall the uninstalled apps?

I will report my findings!

Shane

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links