Adding Memory

This is a discussion on Adding Memory within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; I recently purchased an 8 inch Cortex tablet running Gingerbread version 2.3.1 The system came with 4G memory updatable to 32G I ourchased a 32 ...

Thread: Adding Memory

Adding Memory

I recently purchased an 8 inch Cortex tablet running Gingerbread version 2.3.1 The system came with 4G memory updatable to 32G I ourchased a 32 G microSD card, powered the tablet off, installed the card, then power the tablet back on. The tablet does not recognize the additional memory. Itried using the system function and file manager, but neither report the additional memory. I also tried this with a 2G memory card and got the same results. I can plug the memory cards into my PC and copy files etc , so I know the cards are working properly
    Are there any system settings I need to change to get the tab to see the memory?
    This is a new device, is there a test I can run to make sure the SDcard slot is working right?

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Did you ever figure this out fm? You may need to check the manual that came with your tablet. Many tablets only take a certain type or class micro sd card, some need to be formatted before use, etc. (Format via your pc though and not through your tab.) You may need to reference your manual for the specifics on this.
    Let us know how you make out.

Tapatalker!

I agree. Manual should help out with this. If it doesn't have the information you can go to the manufacturer website and download a pdf version that should have everything your device is capable of doing.

Adding Memory Solution

I got the memory card to work, but not exactly as expected. I mounted the SD card on my PC and formatted it as FAT32, then I copied a few files and put the card back into the tablet. The system memory tool did not recognize the additional memory on the card, only the built in memory. Then I opened the file manager. The directories I created on the SD card did not show up in the root, but I discovered the card does show up as 0_tfdisk (I actually found this by accident) Once in the 0_tfdisk I was able to see all the directories I created and files I copied over. The memory status in the file manager still only reports on the system memory, not on the SD card.

Thanks for your help and suggestions

sd card

i have the same issue.... thanks for posting the partial fix...where you able to get the tablet to recognize the card in the memory? thanks

Hi. I just got a ZT 280 (A9) and the SD CARD is not being recognized or so. Would you have any idea how to make it work? I dont see where you found this 0_tfdisk.

I did notice that there is an update for the android 2.3

Thanks,

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links