Sound and storage issues.

This is a discussion on Sound and storage issues. within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Hello all. I've a couple of questions or so that might show my ignorance, but then I've only had this handset - HTC Desire - ...

Thread: Sound and storage issues.

Sound and storage issues.

Hello all. I've a couple of questions or so that might show my ignorance, but then I've only had this handset - HTC Desire - for one week exactly. I'm having a seemingly illogical problem with my internal storage: I have a 16G micro SD card installed, and wherever possible store any apps and downloads on it. Although I no longer store apps on my internal storage, when I downloaded an app to the SD card earlier today, I got the low space warning icon in the menu-bar, telling me that my internal storage is running out of space. Is this something normal that It simply don't understand, as I've not stored anything internally to warrant the icon, or some sort of problem that shouldn't happen? In either case, what, if anything would you suggest I do? Secondly, when setting up the phone, I chose to have the key click sound turned on when typing. This worked fine up until today, when it suddenly disappeared. I now cannot, for the life of me remember how and where I would turn of back on again. Why would it suddenly disappear? On pc's I know that conflicts can arise between applications and programs, is it the same with smartphones, and if so, how would I go about finding the source of the issue? I hope I'be made my questions clear enough. I would appreciate any and all advice and suggestions. In advance, thank you for any help you might offer. J.Hello all. I've a couple of questions or so that might show my ignorance, but then I've only had this handset - HTC Desire - for one week exactly. I'm having a seemingly illogical problem with my internal storage: I have a 16G micro SD card installed, and wherever possible store any apps and downloads on it. Although I no longer store apps on my internal storage, when I downloaded an app to the SD card earlier today, I got the low space warning icon in the menu-bar, telling me that my internal storage is running out of space. Is this something normal that It simply don't understand, as I've not stored anything internally to warrant the icon, or some sort of problem that shouldn't happen? In either case, what, if anything would you suggest I do? Secondly, when setting up the phone, I chose to have the key click sound turned on when typing. This worked fine up until today, when it suddenly disappeared. I now cannot, for the life of me remember how and where I would turn of back on again. Why would it suddenly disappear? On pc's I know that conflicts can arise between applications and programs, is it the same with smartphones, and if so, how would I go about finding the source of the issue? Finally, I'm using AVG as my virus scanner, I think it's doing its job well enough, but I've been told that there are better apps available such as Norton, but I must admit that I'm wary of Norton after my using it on my pc; what experience have any of you had with virus scanners, and what would you recommend? I hope I'be made my questions clear enough. I would appreciate any and all advice and suggestions. In advance, thank you for any help you might offer. J.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    fish1552
    To get the sound back, go into Settings > Language & keyboard and under Android keyboard, you will see a second "Android Keyboard" with no check box. Open that and the checkbox for "Sound on keypress" should be second on the list. It may still be checked, and if so, uncheck, back all the way out to the home screen, then go back in and re-do. That should fix the problem.

As far as the space issue, I believe that the apps will still place some of their installation files on the internal memory itself. I've had the same message pop up on my Droid 1 for almost 18 months and the only resolution I've had is to clear cache on many of the apps and inside recovery (if rooted of course) but also to remove some apps. The data for the apps itself will be saved to the SD, but the other parts will be on internal memory. I guess that is one of the most confusing things about Apps2SD.

Hope that helps and let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links