Weather widget city/town location issues.

This is a discussion on Weather widget city/town location issues. within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Hello all. Does anybody know how to/if it is possible to add a city or town to the weather widget that came pre-installed on my ...

Thread: Weather widget city/town location issues.

Weather widget city/town location issues.

Hello all. Does anybody know how to/if it is possible to add a city or town to the weather widget that came pre-installed on my HTC Desire? It has a certain amount of cities and towns, and some surprising choices, smaller towns, but for all my poking about w/all the pref's and settings I cannot for the life of me see any option for setting/adding a new location that isn't preinstalled. Any help or ideas would be gratefully received. J.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Twitter
    fish1552
    You may need to change the settings at least temporarily from Use my location (GPS) to Set Location. Then add the location manually.

1. Tap on the weather (figure 1)
    2. Tap the Menu icon
    3. Select Settings
    4. You now have a list showing Weather settings, News settings and Refresh settings
    5. Tap on Weather settings to instruct the device to: Use my location, Set location and/or use Celsius instead of Fahrenheit

Thanks for yr advice. I think that either I'm missing something or doing something wrong, but I followed yr suggestions as closely as I could ( tapped on the weather widget(HTC Weather. V.3.0), next screen offered a +location and refresh option, pushed menu button, chose settings, and only settings available were for auto-updates, schedule update and temperature choice. Then tapped the word weather on the widget, and this took me to an online site, where it seem's that one's location can be changed to a place of choice, so alteredr) but nothing seems to alter or change as far as I can see. I have options on the widget to change the weather forecast for any city of my choice, (amongst those the widget allows, though not the one I need) but it makes no difference to the homescreen clock weather display, even when I reboot my device. I appreciate I may be repeating myself or making glaring errors and/or omissions, so I appreciate yr patience, but I've been fiddling w/my HTC Desire for hours now. Hope the above make sense. J.

Twitter
    fish1552
    Sort of. But I am going off of thing I've found online so they may be a bit outdated. I only have a Moto Droid & Xoom myself, so I may not have the same one you do since yours is HTC. And none of my co-workers have one right now either.
    If there is any information in that menu under maybe the "about" section that would give specific info as to blur version or widget version, maybe we can track something else down.
    You would think they would make it easier to do something that I think would be common.

---From my Xoom
    When rooting your device, preparation makes all the difference.

Ads