Screenshot

This is a discussion on Screenshot within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; What I do, is upload to image hosting sites like photobucket, imageshack and my favorite imgur. Then post it here....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Screenshot

Twitter
    wwickedd
    What I do, is upload to image hosting sites like photobucket, imageshack and my favorite imgur. Then post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    Are you trying to attach it to a new post? If so, it may be that it's in .png format. I'd have thought a screenshot would be in .jpg. Hmm.
    I replied to my own post, then menu button, then more, then download from gallery, where the screenshot of my sd card is, then received the error messages. Then I tried what wicked told me. I went to android market, downloaded imgur, went to gallery and shared screenshot to imgur. But I don't know where it went or how to get it to here. Therefore, I have come to the conclusion I will never get it. You guys are very smart at this stuff. You tried hard to help me, and I thank each and every one of you for your valuable time. And I also decided I will stick with this beginners phone instead of trying to upgrade (see "how much?). Maybe by the time I'm due (min. 9 months) I will learn these basics and deserve a better phone. You all take care and thanx again.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Another option is to use the browser to attach the files from the website.

Don't want you to give up yet. :D
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Quote Originally Posted by wicked View Post
    What I do, is upload to image hosting sites like photobucket, imageshack and my favorite imgur. Then post it here.
    (wicked: please see above & below). Fbm had some kind words for me so I'm back. Um, I'm going to download imgur and try it again. I remembered you can use the URL (whatever that stands for) because imgur shows that (I just don't know where the actual image goes). The only problem, before I try this, is that the URL ends in png, which fbm says may be the problem in the first place. So anyway, here goes (attempt to display screenshot right here) (I'm gonna submit this first then reply to it):

It worked! I'm jazzed! Thank-you all! Except it's not the shot I had the questions about (my sd card). But, I do have a question about this one. What do the numbers across the bottom mean? (all I know is what mb stands for)(I'll post my sd card and my questions about that a little later. Thank-you
    Last edited by titanoman; 08-14-2011 at 01:29 AM.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Quote Originally Posted by titanoman View Post
    It worked! I'm jazzed! Thank-you all! Except it's not the shot I had the questions about (my sd card). But, I do have a question about this one. What do the numbers across the bottom mean? (all I know is what mb stands for)(I'll post my sd card and my questions about that a little later. Thank-you
    It means that 50MB of your RAM is in use in 6 segments/processes an that you have 191MB instantly available with another 120MB available on-demand at the cost of running processes/apps.

Or something like that. That's what I've discerned from my time beating against the limited RAM on my phone with my bloated ROM.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    It means that 50MB of your RAM is in use in 6 segments/processes an that you have 191MB instantly available with another 120MB available on-demand at the cost of running processes/apps.

Or something like that. That's what I've discerned from my time beating against the limited RAM on my phone with my bloated ROM.
    I see (I know this is so elementary to all you guys and your custom roms- I could run over a rom and not know what it was ha-ha). But since I brought you down to this level, can you finish with: is it (191mb+120mb) in 24, in which case I wouldn't know what 24 is, or is it 191mb+(120mb in 24), in which case I would know what 24 is according to what you've already told me (120mb, being used in 24 processes and apps, available upon demand)? Thanks for putting up with me. I'm just trying to learn all this stuff a little at a time. Maybe I should ask you to ask me to ask more important questions that are more imperitive to my learning...never mind. I thank you my friend.

Twitter
    fish1552
    And since lots of people ask the question right after the ones you asked, I'll post this before you do.

The RAM amount on those pages or any other app that shows you device RAM or storage will never total the amount advertised by the manufacturer. That is because the OS (operating system - Android) takes up a portion of that and that part is not available or seen by those apps or that screen.
    Last edited by fish1552; 08-16-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fish1552 View Post
    And since lots of people ask the question right after the ones you asked, I'll post this before you do.

The RAM amount on those pages or any other app that shows you device RAM or storage will never total the amount advertised by the manufacturer. That is because the OS (operating system - Android) takes up a portion of that and that part is not available or seen by those apps or that screen.
    Oh. That's why I can't make the math add up. I'm really starting to get it. Thank-you fish.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links