Which phone should i get.. G2x?

This is a discussion on Which phone should i get.. G2x? within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Hello everyone, today i have decided that i desperately need a new phone. I got the G1 made by HTC in 2009. I loved the ...

Thread: Which phone should i get.. G2x?

Which phone should i get.. G2x?

Hello everyone, today i have decided that i desperately need a new phone. I got the G1 made by HTC in 2009. I loved the phone. but now it is very outdated, buggy, and slow. The main reason why i have waited so long for a new phone is because of the keyboard. The G1's keyboard is superb. Alot of these new phones are all just flat screened and there are no qwerty keyboards.. i was thinking about the sidekick but idk it seems alittle kidish and not powerful enough.... the g2x is a great phone and i have heard many good things about it..however it doesnt have a keyboard ... would anyone like to put there two cents into this and suggest a better android phone with os 2.3 or greater with a qwerty keyboard?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Htc made the phone for you. It's called the MyTouch4G slide. Dual core 1.2Ghz processor, android 2.3.3, netflix app, 8MP camera, and 1080p HD. That's my suggestion.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    If you were coming to Verizon I'd suggest the Droid 3, but I wouldn't suggest coming to Verizon just for that phone.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    Htc made the phone for you. It's called the MyTouch4G slide. Dual core 1.2Ghz processor, android 2.3.3, netflix app, 8MP camera, and 1080p HD. That's my suggestion.
    Why not just the g2? it has a qwerty keyboard.. im also looking for a phone that will last me a longgg time. the g2x has the dual core tegra nvidia chip... maybe i can sacrifice the hardware keyboard for the swype one? what are your guys inputs

The g2 is not made anymore. The G2x does not have the keyboard. I suggested the myt4g slide because it does and has a ton of cool features with the camera.
    The myt4g slide is more to your liking.

Twitter
    droidforums
    Wow, I didn't know the G2 was already discontinued. That was an awesome phone! I was always hoping Verizon would have sold that phone.. I've heard good things about the myt4g as well.

Yeah for some reason T-mobile has been getting new devices and giving them a short 10 month life before replacing it.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Forces upgrades, minimizes support for aging platforms, makes them look more cutting-edge, and overall means they keep their portfolio more varied than the other carriers.

Has nothing to do with the fact that 10 months is about it for the actual lifespan of smartphones in this current development push we're experiencing. That would require more planning than any carrier has come up with to date.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

well my initial decision was the g2x.. but now im hearing there are many problems with it.. for example: random reboots, battery reading is off, crashing, loosing calls, and wifi not working... is this all fixed now because of the 2.3 gingerbread update? or is it still buggy..because the last thing i need is a phone that shuts off alot. im already used to that with my g1 lol

the other thing that bothers me with the mytouch 4g slide is the ui over lay.. it sucks.. would it be able to handle regular gingerbread if i modded it

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links