Phone went nutz, while I was asleep.

This is a discussion on Phone went nutz, while I was asleep. within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; This morning I didn't wake up to the alarm on my phone as normal. Instead I awoke to the sound of some flash animation on ...

Thread: Phone went nutz, while I was asleep.

Phone went nutz, while I was asleep.

This morning I didn't wake up to the alarm on my phone as normal. Instead I awoke to the sound of some flash animation on the xfinity.com website. At first nothing on my phone responded to my commands at all untill I finally got it shut off and restarted. Then it randomly started opening apps on my homescreen, and eventually just worked itself back to normal. Apparantly while I slept, my phone browsed the internet, including doing google searches for "rattlesnake" and "explosion". It also downloaded 3 random .pdf files all by itself. I am totally freaked out by my droid 3 right now and would like to know if anyone has any idea what happened, and how to ensure it never happens again. This morning I downloaded the lookout app, and a scan found no malicious apps, if that helps any. I just realized that the phone also tried texting a random web link to a few random characters, and an actual contact; and it tried to send an email to a random address ive never seen.
    Last edited by shibbychris; 08-30-2011 at 08:20 AM.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Are you sure an Android ghost didn't visit? Or are you Android walking in your sleep?

Sent from my LG-P509 using Android.net

I'm tellin ya! Im gonna have my phone exercised or something. My browser history is full of crap I never did. The ghost is a fan of BJ Penn, because it searched him too.

Is it rooted? What apps have you recently downloaded? Where have you been downloading your apps from?

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    Is it rooted? What apps have you recently downloaded? Where have you been downloading your apps from?
    My phone is not rooted, and all apps have come exclusively from the market. I'm thinking the problem may have something to do with the super cheap phone charger that came with the crap i got off of ebay. I dont know why, but it only has problems when using that charger.this morning i woke up to the alarm as normal, but with no way to shut it off, as the phone wouldnt respond, soon as i unplugged it, its brain restarted, and its working fine again. Imma try charging it with the stock charger tonight, and see if i have any problems that way.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links