Software Fix?

This is a discussion on Software Fix? within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Hey, i thought i did good to revive the ally after it was submerged in water for close to an hour but i threw it ...

Thread: Software Fix?

Software Fix?

Hey, i thought i did good to revive the ally after it was submerged in water for close to an hour but i threw it in a low heat setting oven for half a day and a heated fan for the rest. I didnt touch it for 3 more days. it was rooted and i dont have insurance, so i put the battery in and plugged it up and wham it came on and everything on it works except for the antenna, its constantly searching for service. I cant dial nothing. Any ideas? I also figured since the water indicators were set off and lack of insurance i took liberty of fully disasembling it to make sure all would dry real good, and to look for the antenna, thinking maybe i can get one and replace it maybe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm sorry. My eyes glazed over when you said you baked it in the oven. Best of luck to ya on getting to work! If you do, this will be one to tell the grandkids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak8s View Post
    I'm sorry. My eyes glazed over when you said you baked it in the oven. Best of luck to ya on getting to work! If you do, this will be one to tell the grandkids.

Is there no software or verizon input necessary for the antenna to work? Ive already unrooted it and back to stock hoping it would help. Oh and it didnt get hotter than 105 degrees in the oven and i left the door open. Everything works perfect, except for service.

You can try a factory reset. Even though you are back to stock, it wouldn't hurt to do a reset. If that doesn't work, I'd be inclined to think it was hardware, but I'm not a guru. Maybe someone else will chime in and give you answer.

PS...

This is over my head, but check your baseband version. Mine is VS740MVC.5210.1015

Maybe in your flashing something got deleted.

Looking around the web for info I came across the Popular Mechanic's site that says heat is a no-no when trying to dry a cell phone.

The most important thing to remember is to avoid heat. That means no hair dryers, ovens, microwaves or extended periods in direct sunlight. While heat will certainly evaporate the moisture, it could also warp components and melt adhesives. Those fragile glues are also why you'll want to avoid dunking the phone in rubbing alcohol (an oft prescribed tip on the Web). Alcohol is a solvent and can dissolve the internal adhesives. (If you drop your phone in the toilet, it's okay to wipe the outside with alcohol to disinfect it.)

Hopefully the reset will fix your phone and you didn't cook its innards.

Your phone was under water for an hour then you baked it in the oven. Now it doesn't work and you think you have a software issue? Are you for real dude???

Did you salt it before you baked it? The salt would have helped draw out the moisture and enhanced the flavor.

Sorry, but your phone is more than likely damaged.

The best thing to do when a phone gets wet is to immediately remove the battery and not replace it until the phone is 100% dry. It is commonly suggested to put the phone in a bag of rice.

The fact that it was under water for an hour is enough to fry it.
    Motorola Droid 4

on home screen dail **983*0#,go too radio info test features out,mabe go to sensor screen check it out maybe it might work or dial ##72786# then 708160 it will rest all signal settings.....Randy
    Last edited by RandyGel; 09-01-2012 at 10:54 AM.

After nearly two years, certainly hope the OP has a working phone!

ROFL! Good point Cali! :D
    That said, i can honestly say I've replied to some old posts without realizing, but not THAT old. hehe...honest mistake.

tap'n

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links