contact tranfer

This is a discussion on contact tranfer within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; hi all Just got my new galaxy s2 from best buy 4 hrs ago. Great phone can't get enough of it been setting it up ...

Thread: contact tranfer

contact tranfer

hi all
    Just got my new galaxy s2 from best buy 4 hrs ago. Great phone can't get enough of it been setting it up all night. the only hick-up is that the tech guy spend @ 1 hr trying to transfer my contacts from my HTC tilt2. Guess what: no luck. He could not figure it out. Any one here has any suggestions? Thanks.
    Last edited by droidfrat; 10-25-2011 at 01:35 AM.

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

2 times
    If they are both android phones your original phone should have synced with your Gmail contacts list and your new phone should automatically sync with the same Gmail contacts list and download them.

So I would ask if you used the same Gmail account for the new phone or did you set up a new Gmail account? Did the store person try to use a backup assistant or go through your Gmail account?

For me the first step would be to go to my Gmail account and check if my contacts were there. If not then I would see about syncing the older phone to the Gmail account and getting them there. Then make sure your new phone is using the same Gmail account and sync it to the Gmail account and the contacts should be there.

Even if you think the store rep tried this recheck it yourself.

I would suggest to go with Backup Assistant. I think it will server your purpose.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links