Droid 1 Boot Loop

This is a discussion on Droid 1 Boot Loop within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; My original Droid is stuck in a boot loop where it won't load past the M logo. It loads up, shows the M logo for ...

Thread: Droid 1 Boot Loop

Droid 1 Boot Loop

My original Droid is stuck in a boot loop where it won't load past the M logo. It loads up, shows the M logo for a little bit, then shuts itself off. This happened after trying to flash a new kernel using kernel manager. At the time I was running CM 7.1.0 Stable with the stock CM7 kernel.

I've searched the various forums and tried everything that I can to fix the issue, but to no avail. I'm hoping someone here can help me pinpoint the issue and fix it.

Things I've tried:
    - Wiping the Dalvik cache
    - Wiping all data
    - Factory reset
    - Nandroid restore
    - Flashing different CM7 ROMs
    - Flashing different kernels
    - Formatting my SD card
    - Booting without the SD card
    - Flashing the stock .sbf files using RSDLite one at a time starting with the most current (FRG83G) and working my way backwards. None of the stock files worked UNTIL I flashed ESE81. ESE81 works fine and is currently loaded onto my phone.

If I allow the OTA update of FRG01B to be installed on top of ESE81 I get the boot loop again.

I read where someone else had an issue with their internal partitions being formatted improperly and I'm wondering if I have a similar issue. I'm also wondering if the ESEXX builds handle internal partitions differently than FRGXXX builds and that's why the ESEXX builds work on my phone when nothing else does.

I should also note that I have never used sbd shell so if the solution requires that tool, it will have to be explained to me.

Any suggestions? Things I haven't tried that I should try?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Vito2000 View Post
    My original Droid is stuck in a boot loop where it won't load past the M logo. It loads up, shows the M logo for a little bit, then shuts itself off. This happened after trying to flash a new kernel using kernel manager. At the time I was running CM 7.1.0 Stable with the stock CM7 kernel.

I've searched the various forums and tried everything that I can to fix the issue, but to no avail. I'm hoping someone here can help me pinpoint the issue and fix it.

Things I've tried:
    - Wiping the Dalvik cache
    - Wiping all data
    - Factory reset
    - Nandroid restore
    - Flashing different CM7 ROMs
    - Flashing different kernels
    - Formatting my SD card
    - Booting without the SD card
    - Flashing the stock .sbf files using RSDLite one at a time starting with the most current (FRG83G) and working my way backwards. None of the stock files worked UNTIL I flashed ESE81. ESE81 works fine and is currently loaded onto my phone.

If I allow the OTA update of FRG01B to be installed on top of ESE81 I get the boot loop again.

I read where someone else had an issue with their internal partitions being formatted improperly and I'm wondering if I have a similar issue. I'm also wondering if the ESEXX builds handle internal partitions differently than FRGXXX builds and that's why the ESEXX builds work on my phone when nothing else does.

I should also note that I have never used sbd shell so if the solution requires that tool, it will have to be explained to me.

Any suggestions? Things I haven't tried that I should try?
    Ok - I was able to get this fixed. It was suggested by someone else that I flash this file to my phone: http://ted.servepics.com/nap/droid/M...-ota-50454.zip

I did so but it did not seem to work UNTIL I flashed it a 2nd time. Worked like a charm. Problem solved.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links