Port Problem Using Android As Wifi Hotspot

This is a discussion on Port Problem Using Android As Wifi Hotspot within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Hi guys, This is an absolutely fantastic section to have on the site - really appreciate it. I'm having a problem getting my laptop to ...

Thread: Port Problem Using Android As Wifi Hotspot

Port Problem Using Android As Wifi Hotspot

Hi guys,

This is an absolutely fantastic section to have on the site - really appreciate it.

I'm having a problem getting my laptop to run WAMP, and I'm trying to rule out my Android (which I'm using for internet access on my laptop thanks to crappy, wifi-less dorms) as a potential culprit. It's an fairly new (2 months or so) Samsung Europa, which I haven't tinkered with in any way - there are a few apps installed, but no serious changes to the phone.

The Wampserver troubleshooting forums tell me that my problem is caused by traffic on port 80, so I've closed every program I could think of that might be interfering on my laptop, Skype, Evernote, Dropbox, even Google Desktop to be on the safe side (I also briefly turned off AVG and Windows Defender) and still no luck.

Some further google-ing suggested some command line tests. So, despite being totally out of my depth, and truly terrified of that little black window, I ran the "netstat -a" command as suggested, and got a big long list of stuff, but, of the little that google could explain, none of it pointed to anything blocking port 80. I'm still trying to work out what everything I gave me means, but first I want to rule out the Android. Is there a way to find out if anything there could be blocking port 80? If so, how do I stop it or move it to another port?

Thanks for any help you can offer, and apologies for the long post.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

MS Gulf Coast
    51 times
    I don't know the answer to the problem, tbh. Never experienced it myself. But I found these in a google search. Maybe one of these could help.
    Port 80 error message [Archive] - Techzonez

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links