Huawei U8500 Rooting Problems

This is a discussion on Huawei U8500 Rooting Problems within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Hi, I'm absolutely new here and just realised that Android can do much more than a ye' oldie Nokia to which I'm used, so I ...

Thread: Huawei U8500 Rooting Problems

Huawei U8500 Rooting Problems

Hi, I'm absolutely new here and just realised that Android can do much more than a ye' oldie Nokia to which I'm used, so I apologize in advance if my questions seem stupid or don't make sense, but I've searched, browsed and googled for quite a while before decided to post here as a last measure.. :)

So.. I have a Huawei U8500 which is currently completely stock and the Android version is 2.2.1

Phone: Huawei U8500
    State: Stock
    Android ver.: 2.2.1 (Froyo, is it?)

I read online that you root and update the firmware.. Actually I'm looking to make the phone a bit faster. I believe some overclocking is in order :)

I'm a complete newbie to this thing..Never could properly use Linux, so this whole "rooting" thing is proving to be a pain in the ...

I tried following a few tutorials:

Tried following this tutorial, but failed at the point in the beggining where you have to turn off your phone and hold the buttons together as my phone then said that there are no files to update from (I have no idea where to get the files for the dload folder).

Also tried a few tutorials where they said to get some Adrenaline-kit and z4root.. Did that.. Installed the z4root, pressed the "root" button, it would restart as it's supposed to, but then when it turns back on and I try using the Rom Manager it says that my phone is not rooted..

Long story short - I have a stock Huawei U8500, don't have any knowledge about android phones or rooting them (don't even know what a "ROM" is, actually) and want to update it's firmware & overclock it. I am positive that I can do it, I just need a nudge in the right direction as everything I found online so far, was not that useful.
    Found this video on youtube

which shows the same phone I have already working at the speeds I want it to work on, which means that it is possible, but I have no idea how to accomplish that. Theres a link below that video to a file server:
    Downloads - slax-u8500-rom - u8500 android rom - Google Project Hosting
    but half of it is not in English and the other half can only be understood by the people who know what they're talking about..

Any help would be highly appreciated :)

P.S. Sorry for such a long post..

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I too have tried these method but was of no use. I googled a lot and put the bits together.
    check the link to do so.

Last edited by somplex; 01-19-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Somewhere on Kamino
    84 times
    First, welcome to the site. Have you searched here on this site for how to root your device?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links