Motorola Defy - Will Not Start - Will Not Factory Reset

This is a discussion on Motorola Defy - Will Not Start - Will Not Factory Reset within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Hi. Can someone please help as I'm new to this this and would very much like my phone to work again... My Defy kept restarting ...

Thread: Motorola Defy - Will Not Start - Will Not Factory Reset

Question Motorola Defy - Will Not Start - Will Not Factory Reset

Hi. Can someone please help as I'm new to this this and would very much like my phone to work again...My Defy kept restarting approximately 5 seconds after starting up. Without being able to access any settings I tried a factory reset via the on button / volume down button. I'm not sure how long this should have taken but decided after a few hours of nothing more than a yellow dot moving across the screen that it wasn't working! Button presses / screen taps had no affect so I pulled the battery.On powering it up it now either gets as far as the Moto Blur or T-Mobile logos but just hangs there. Further attempts to factory reset give the same result as the first time.I've noticed two lines of text when accessing the reset screen which read 'E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command' and 'E:Can't open /cache/recovery/caller'. I think these were present at the first attempt but I'm not totally sure of this.In case it's relevant the phone shipped with Eclair, I changed this to Froyo using the Motorola software upgrade some months ago, it had been working fine since apart from not saving photos (?).Aplolgies for the essay. Can someone please help?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ok, so, did you root the device? Why did you try a factory reset? What was happening that you needed it reset?

I have the same problem, i was having a problem with my defy, sometimes it hangs or shutdown with no warning, so i tried to do a hard reset but didn't finish, some yellow dots begin to appear then all of the sudden reboots itself into a loop... Is there any chance to save my phone?

thanks and sorry for my english

How are you factory resetting it?

Hello, I have practically the same issue as OP. The Motorola Defy MB525 has been restarting and freezing at the MotoBlur Logo. It would only work if I pulled the battery out and restart it. I did a factory reset through the settings > Privacy > factory reset. But it froze in the android & Box restore screen. I hit both volume buttons to see the text at the bottom saying "E: Can't open /cache/recovery/caller". It will not boot it would stay in that screen forever.

Today I tried using the RSD Lite + SBF file to restore but no progress, it would stay saying that the phone must be manually restarted but the phone remained in the same Android + Box recovery screen. The Defy is on Claro PR , but I used the one from Argentina since its the same network.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links