Problems with Motorola XT860

This is a discussion on Problems with Motorola XT860 within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Hi, I recently purchased the Motorola XT860, but can not seem to add contacts to the phone book. The only contacts that I have are ...

Thread: Problems with Motorola XT860

Angry Problems with Motorola XT860

Hi, I recently purchased the Motorola XT860, but can not seem to add contacts to the phone book. The only contacts that I have are 4 that was added to the favorites menu which is displayed at the front page of the phone. I do not want to add contacts from Facebook or any other social media, I just want to add phone numbers from those I choose. I have went through the basic "tips and tricks" video and read the users manual, but nothing seems to work.

I was wondering also, if anyone has any problems with the phone shutting down periodically, or freezing up to the point you have to remove the battery? What I thought was an awesome phone, has proved to be a major headache for me!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm not familiar with your model but I would assume that adding contacts to it will be much the same as on my Motorola droid bionic. There are 2 ways to go about it. First go into the app drawer and select the contacts app. Then hit the menu button, select more, then settings, then contact storage, select google and check remember this choice, then click OK. Next hit your back button to go back to the contacts list. There is a + sign in the upper right corner, click it and enter your info. The second way is to open Gmail on your pc and enter your contacts from there.

Sent from my A100 using Android.net

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    I'll attest to the freezeups being a major issue. A lot of them are related to MotoBlur, which is a "skin" Motorola put on your phone in order to customize it and make the phone's user experience more desirable. Unfortunately many of the apps aren't well-coded and there are problems.

Check to see if there are any updates for your phone via the settings. I can talk you through it if you would like.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Thanks for the replies!
    What should have been a quick and painless process for add contacts (which I knew how to do) turned into a pain in the behind. Finally, I got p.o'd enough with it, that I set my phone back to factory default. Well low and behold...everything is working fine now! I added the contacts, re-downloaded the very few apps that I had..upgraded what needed to be upgraded and voila!, everything seems to be working fine!!

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Wonderful!

I hate to say it but sometimes you just have to reset the phone. It stinks like broody poop (if you know anything about chickens you know what I'm talking about), but it needs to be done from time to time. Much like sometimes you just have to reinstall Windows/OS of your choice on your PC. Skinned phones (MotoBlur, HTC Sense, Touchwiz) are more likely to need it because the "increased functionality" apps built into the OS by the OEM make it much more likely to glitch.

If you have any problems, you know where to go now, eh?
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Yes I do!
    So far, so good!! haha

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links