Model and USB Connection?

This is a discussion on Model and USB Connection? within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; First question is a softball lob to give you some idea of my technical abilities. How do I find out what my phone is? According ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mamawm

Thread: Model and USB Connection?

Model and USB Connection?

First question is a softball lob to give you some idea of my technical abilities. How do I find out what my phone is? According to the info in the phone it is an Android version 2.2.1 Model # LG-P500h. None of this seems to relate to the model listings I have seen on the site.

#2 When I connect the phone via USB to my computer (Windows XP) it makes the windows "be-doink" sound but no new drive shows up in Explore. (Yes, I'm an old shell type of dinosaur.) Also there is no USB connection icon on the tool bar.

I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me once you stop laughing. Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

a quick google search tells me that you have an lg optimus one.

next question about no usb icon in tool bar when connected to computer, go into settings >applications>development and check usb debugging. that should allow the computer to see the phone as a usb flash drive.

gool luck.
    daverfarris likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mamawm View Post
    go into settings >applications>development and check usb debugging. that should allow the computer to see the phone as a usb flash drive.

gool luck.
    BTDT and no joy. Also in my poking buttons like a chimpanzee trying to type Shakespeare I have somehow managed to turn off my network connection. I can get the net but the phone won't phone.

Smoke signals are starting to look good.

I have got the network working by pulling and replacing the battery and Sim card.

Now I get a message that the MicroSD card is full. I have deleted half of my 28 apps and the phone no longer crashes when I open something but the message remains. I have next to nothing saved. No photos, no videos and only 19 apps. How can the card be full?

The computer still refuses to recognize it. I think it might be showing good judgement.

My wife is crowing that I should have gone with Apple like her and I am beginning to think she is right.

What a piece of junk!

P.S. I am frustrated
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 05-31-2012 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Edited profanity out

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links