I Can't Seem to Get Any Sound Notifications

This is a discussion on I Can't Seem to Get Any Sound Notifications within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; I haven't. Are you recommending for, or against? Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android.net...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Can't Seem to Get Any Sound Notifications

I haven't. Are you recommending for, or against?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android.net

Quote Originally Posted by heyitssupergirl View Post
    you have probably already figured this out but I'm posting this for others who may be searching for an answer.

swipe down the status bar, scroll to the side to highlight the notification icon that should be all

THANKS MATE... it works

For S3
    APPS --> Messages --> 'Menu' --> 'Settings'

--> Disable 'Auto-Retrieve' (if using non-stock SMS app)
    --> Enable 'Notifications'

VEE
    HEY! I just had the same issue with my S3! All you have to do is turn on your phone and make sure its unlocked and scroll down your notification tab (i.e. put your finger on the top of the screen and scroll down) there will be a few different options like wifi, sound, all that kind of stuff! If you swipe those icons you will discover a few more, one is called notification, you just have to make sure that is on and green if it isnt then just tap it! Goodluck!

Talking Good work, frederuco!

Quote Originally Posted by frederuco View Post
    Also, go into Settings - Sound - Volume. There should be 3 sliders, the middle one is the notification sound. Make sure this is not all the way down.
    In my case it wasn't a problem, but...

The fact that you made me double check led to a discovery!

By actually 'moving' the slider from the 'mid' position it was in, made the tone work. But...

sometimes there is no tone and it can be inconsistent!

So the answer is to keep moving the Settings - Sound - Volume - Notification slider until

you attain the desired volume AND you hear the tone.

Thanks again frederuco for lead!

Hi all, i have a Samsung g 3 and my notifications are also hit and miss, i have read the solutions here but nothing is fixing it, one minuet it works fine the next i only get a vibrate.

I think I have worked out what the issue is as I had the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S3. If all your sounds and notifications are on and its still occurring:

Go to Messaging, click the bottom left hand corner to get the settings for your messages. Click settings and then go to Storage settings and uncheck 'Delete old messages'. Basically the phone is deleting the old message to receive a new one and hence disrupting the notification tone.

Let me know if it works for you. mine is working fine now since I changed that.

I spent all night trying all the above cures without sucess, then found the answer by accident. Click on the messaging icon- a list og contacts will be shown. Now hit the the left button at the bottom of the screen . A menu of three items will appera, click settings and scoll down to notification settings. Under notification settings ensure that teh Notifications box is checked. A green ticj will appear. Go back to the main menu and all should now be well!

OK - I've glazed the internet as much as I can and can not find an answer. I have a brand new Galaxy S3 from Vodafone NZ. I've switched from the iPhone 4s as I'm dissapointed with Apple. I want my phone to be my own Tones/Wallpapers/cool stuff.This is partly why I moved to Android/Galaxy. As of November 6, 2012 ... I have yet to find a suitablle answer/solution regarding customising my GS3 tones/ringtones/etc. I've tried everything I've read and people are still trying. Zedge for example - a HUGE rating and is something I used on my old Motorla RAZR ... it's not working! Changing the 'delete old text' thing hasn't worked. My volume is loud. What the hell is going on!!!!!!!!!??????

Are you rooted? The reason I ask is because I have a collection of ringtones and alert tones that I keep in a folder on my PC desktop and when I get a new phone, after I root it I simply find where the sound files are on the new phone using Root Explorer, and using a USB connection I copy and paste my personal favorites into the folder containing the stock sounds. I'm pretty sure that you have to be rooted first - which is why I asked. It's really a simple process and ends up allowing you to keep your ringtones and system sounds that you're familiar with and like.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links