Galaxy S2 - Reinstalling Exchange Service

This is a discussion on Galaxy S2 - Reinstalling Exchange Service within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Hi guys! I've been googling around a lot over the last week, but have not been able to find a solution to my problem. First, ...

Thread: Galaxy S2 - Reinstalling Exchange Service

Question Galaxy S2 - Reinstalling Exchange Service

Hi guys!

I've been googling around a lot over the last week, but have not been able to find a solution to my problem.

First, here's what happened: Last week, we had some problems with the Exchange server at work, and to ease the load, the admins simply blocked synching in the firewall. My phone didn't like this, so it was constantly jamming with me with error messages about the synch, it literally became warm and the battery was drained in a couple of hours. I tried turning off synching in Accounts and synch, I changed the exchange profile to only do manual synchronization and I rebooted the phone, but it just kept going on. Finally I figured if I simply disable the exchange service, it will stop, and so I did... the problem is that when I did this, the whole service disappeared from the list of installed services, and was replaced by a service called "Error" that used 0 KB data, and which could not be enabled.

The result for me is that I could still read any e-mails that had been downloaded to the phone etc, and I can could change synch settings in the exchange profile, but it did not actually perform the synchronization. When I chose "refresh" in the Email application, nothing seemed to happen, except for a black message box that disappeared after a fraction of a second so I had no change to see if it actually gave an error or anything.

As I had not yet installed the latest Android update I did this, but it did not help. Also I've been looking around Google Play and the internet for a way to re-install this service but I haven't found any. Finally I tried deleting the exchange profile and creating a new one, but the creation just gets stuck at "Checking - "Checking incoming server settings". I've tried waiting for 30 minutes with no result.

So.. is there anyone out there who can tell me how I can completely reinstall anything exchange/activesync-related on my phone? I'd rather not buy any third party software for this as I used to be pretty happy with how it worked until it crashed..

Thanks in advance!

Regards Carl Stefan aka ProstGotvin

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sorry, I forgot about some of the required information:
    What phone? Samsung Galaxy Sii (GT-I9100)
    What ROM? Haven't installed anything custom, so it's just the plain Android 4.0.4 that I got through "Software update".
    Rooted or Stock? Stock
    Overclocked? No

As it doesn't seem as if anyone know how to reinstall only that service, maybe someone could give me some hints on how I can completely reinstall the whole phone/OS? I suppose a "factory reset" will only wipe config and installed applications, and not reinstall stuff?

Welcome to the forum! If you still haven't found an answer to your problem, head on over to our sister site...galaxy forums.net. Our main Rescue Squad guy Ollie is pretty knowledge about this particular issue so he may be able to help. (no promises, but it's worth a try)
    Good luck! :D

tap'n

Thanks for that. Didn't notice there was a separate galaxy site. I'll give it a shot!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links