Phone Keeps Restarting [Kyocera Echo - Android V. 2.3.x]

This is a discussion on Phone Keeps Restarting [Kyocera Echo - Android V. 2.3.x] within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Hello there Android.net Forumers... I am definitely hoping some are more skilled at this particular device than I am. I have been trying my hardest ...

Thread: Phone Keeps Restarting [Kyocera Echo - Android V. 2.3.x]

Phone Keeps Restarting [Kyocera Echo - Android V. 2.3.x]

Hello there Android.net Forumers...

I am definitely hoping some are more skilled at this particular device than I am. I have been trying my hardest to fix this issue but haven't had any luck.

The Story:
    So basically, earlier today, I was at work. I had to pay more attention to making a living, than my phone in my pocket. The battery had died. So what did I do? What any normal person with a dead phone in their hand would do. I plugged it into a charger, and let it be. Only come to find out that the charger I had used was a bad charger, and didn't have a "Steady" connection with the phone. It kept charging off and on, eventually draining my battery dead.

So I thought... "Oh well, I'll just go home and charge it there. Not a problem." I get home and plug my phone into the charger for about 10 minutes, try to get it at least jump-started a little bit to turn it on and charge it the rest of the way in the car where I need to be leaving for a meeting. So I take it off, and turn it on. It powers on. Excellent.... Take it to the car, Plug it into my work computer there via USB, and I then notice what would later become my nightmare for the evening... The phone had restarted on its own. I thought it was a one time thing.... but no, this phone has continuously restarted over and over and over until I took the battery out. I tried another battery, that didn't solve the issue. I tried holding the power button down, that didn't work. I tried holding ALL the buttons down, that didn't work (I only have a "Power, Volume up, and Volume down" physical buttons, the rest are touch-sensitive). So then I left the battery out, held the power down for 45 seconds, and then placed just the wall charger into the unit to turn it on. Didn't work. Tried replacing the battery back in the unit, and it didn't solve or change anything....

Any suggestions android.net guys? I know the iPhone 5 is coming out.... this may just be an idea to get a new phone. -_- I hope it doesn't come to that though.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i have the same problem, did you ever get yours working?

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    This may not be a hardware issue at all. In some cases, even stock ROM could get stuck in a bootloop. In this case, you have to enter the Recovery Mode and do the factory reset.

If it would be a hardware issue, it would most likely be a busted battery, but if another battery still doesn't work, it's not the case. It's also possible that the internals are damaged too, but in this case, the phone would most likely not turn on at all or only the capacitive buttons would lit up.

Provide more info, is your ROM stock and unrooted? What exactly did you do before the problem occurred? Is the behavior exactly the same as in OP or anyhow different?
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tears_for_Fears View Post
    This may not be a hardware issue at all. In some cases, even stock ROM could get stuck in a bootloop. In this case, you have to enter the Recovery Mode and do the factory reset.

If it would be a hardware issue, it would most likely be a busted battery, but if another battery still doesn't work, it's not the case. It's also possible that the internals are damaged too, but in this case, the phone would most likely not turn on at all or only the capacitive buttons would lit up.

Provide more info, is your ROM stock and unrooted? What exactly did you do before the problem occurred? Is the behavior exactly the same as in OP or anyhow different?
    I am running the same phone with stock ROM and unrooted and am seeing the same behavior, any suggestions?

Try the suggestions in the previous post. Tears_For_Fears is one of our most knowledgeable staff members.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links