Photon 4G Does NOT Ring, Can't Get Text Messages to Go Out and Random Other Issues

This is a discussion on Photon 4G Does NOT Ring, Can't Get Text Messages to Go Out and Random Other Issues within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; I have a Motorola Photon 4G (as does my husband and we are having simular issues.) and I am ready to throw the thing out ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cali

Thread: Photon 4G Does NOT Ring, Can't Get Text Messages to Go Out and Random Other Issues

Photon 4G Does NOT Ring, Can't Get Text Messages to Go Out and Random Other Issues

I have a Motorola Photon 4G (as does my husband and we are having simular issues.) and I am ready to throw the thing out of a window. I have had a ton of issues with this phone, the first one being that within 3 weeks of originally getting the phone it would randomly turn itself completely off or reboot itself and finally it wouldn't boot up past the start up screen..completely lost ALL of my info on it even though I had it set up to back up to a Gmail acct. They gave me a new phone and the process started all over again. 2 Weeks ago I finally had to do a complete system wipe and start from scratch, still had trouble with it so I did a complete system update and when I did that the phone does not alert me to when a call comes in. Randomly the phone will let me know that I missed a call by the red check in the top left corner, even though the phone was literally within arms reach and the volume was at max. I am told by NUMEROUS people who have tried to call that it will immediately go straight to voicemail. If the person doesn't leave a message then I have no idea that they have called me. HUGE PROBLEM!! Funny thing is that on a rare and random occasion, it will ring. Yesterday I recieved 17 calls (that I know of) from several different people but it only rang 2 times. Another issue is that I can recieve text messages, though SOMETIMES I have to power my phone down and reboot it to actually read them. However, I can rarely get a text message to go out. Again frustrating beyond belief. The text message issue was happening before the system wipe and system update, now it is worse than it was before. Oh and the Alarm will not sound however it will Vibrate. However the phone does let me know if I recieve a text, email, or IM message of any type but doesn't let me know if I have a new voice mail. I have to check it constantly. I generally do not have trouble with calls going out and if I recieve a call while I am on the phone, it will alert me that I have a call waiting. We have our service through Sprint if that makes any difference.

Here are the things that I have tried.

1. pulled the battery for a hard reset. Didn't work
    2. took off any app that was known to cause issues with sound (ex, scramble with friends). Didn't work
    3. went through my most common contacts with incoming calls to see if it was somehow set to immediately go to voicemail. They weren't
    4. I updated the PRL. didn't work
    5. I updated the profile. didn't work
    6. This happens no matter where I am. We purchased an airave to boost signal..very expensive. Didn't work.
    7. I switched ringtones, tried factory installed tones, personalized tones. Didn't work.
    8. My husband tried all kinds of things as well and nothing fixes it.

This is my second phone within a year and it looks like I am getting ready to get a 3rd. I am not eligable for a new phone for another 10 months.
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the site. Hope someone can help with these problems.
    PMTGBOSS likes this.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links