Ics 4.0.4

This is a discussion on Ics 4.0.4 within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; You may not need to root. Rooting just takes control of the root file system. You need to unlock your carrier. I think you may ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ics 4.0.4

Twitter
    frederuco
    You may not need to root. Rooting just takes control of the root file system. You need to unlock your carrier. I think you may be able to do this by getting the MSL code for your phone.

However, from what I have read, Boost Mobile phones may only be able to use carriers that use iDEN networks and not all CDMA networks.

If you do unlock and it does work on other CDMA networks, you will pretty much be restricted to Verizon and Sprint (and Boost is part of sprint). Also, it is only a 3G phone, so changing to Verizon is not going to do much for you.

I think if you are interested in jumping to a different carrier, you may want to just get a new phone. The ZTE Warp is good because it is a cheap prepaid phone. You can get better 4G phones on other network for not much money on other carriers.
    UltraDroid likes this.
    TransformerForums - Administrator
    AcerTabletForum - NexusTablets - AndroidTablets - Super Moderator
    Android.net - TransformerForums - Rescue Squad

ASUS Transformer 16GB with Keyboard Dock - Cornerstoned and ICS-ified
    iP*one 4

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Android Lurker thisinevitableintoxicatio's Avatar

re: ICS 4.0.4

Thanks I love my phone it just lags allot and is super super slow with everything dilrives me nuts ha.how would I get the msl code?

Android Lurker thisinevitableintoxicatio's Avatar

Re: Ics 4.0.4

So would you happen to know anything about touchpal keyboard?I installed it and it replaced my built it swype keyboard.I did a factory reset and my swype works but touchpal is still there as primary keyboard and can not be deleted through settings,googleplay,or third party apps.I'm at a loss :'(

Re: Ics 4.0.4

I am pretty sure phones on Boost cannot be unlocked to work with other carriers. I do not know that for sure though. I do know that Boost is a MVNO for Sprint, so you may be locked to networks that only support Sprint phones.

iDEN is network Sprint uses for Nextel phones. I am pretty sure that Sprint phones operate on their Ev-Do and WiMAX network.

As far as the keyboard, you should be able to go to Settings > Language & Input and set your default keyboard there.

Tap'd from my 747 roc'n AOKP JB MS 1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links