Unable to Root Read Only Android File System T-Mobile Springboard

This is a discussion on Unable to Root Read Only Android File System T-Mobile Springboard within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; I can't seem to get any rooting programs to work they all say that nothing can copy read only file system and I can't even ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By grenefroggie
  • 1 Post By grenefroggie

Thread: Unable to Root Read Only Android File System T-Mobile Springboard

Unable to Root Read Only Android File System T-Mobile Springboard

I can't seem to get any rooting programs to work they all say that nothing can copy read only file system and I can't even get the # from su on adb . When my computer recognizes my springboard as a CD drive. All the drivers are installed and debugging is checked...unknown sources are checked. I've tried with MTP on and off. I've tried to flash clockwork recovery in fast boot mode and still nothing...if someone has experienced this please help if possible. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum!

I'm not a technician, so I can't help you on rooting your phone. If you're patient and can hang on for awhile, someone will be by to give you a hand with it. In the mean time you can go here - http://androidadvices.com/root-samsu...i727-tutorial/ - and see if this does you any good. I found that doing a Google search and have no idea if it's a good procedure to use, so exercise care in how you proceed.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 12-05-2012 at 09:39 PM.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Welcome to the site.

What is the current Android version on your phone??

My personal preference when working on my devices is to do them all by hand. Automated process work as long as they are kept up to date, but there is no replacement for actually understanding what you are doing. It sounds like you might be having a little trouble.

Try following this post step by step. If you have any questions, just ask and I would be more than happy to walk you through anything.

You can find all the info you need here: Root Stock T-Mobile Springboard

If you have any questions, just ask. Remember to follow the directions to the "T". If there is something you are not sure of, just ask. I will do the best I can to help.
    UltraDroid likes this.

help

Quote Originally Posted by grenefroggie View Post
    What is the current Android version on your phone??

My personal preference when working on my devices is to do them all by hand. Automated process work as long as they are kept up to date, but there is no replacement for actually understanding what you are doing. It sounds like you might be having a little trouble.

Try following this post step by step. If you have any questions, just ask and I would be more than happy to walk you through anything.

You can find all the info you need here: Root Stock T-Mobile Springboard

If you have any questions, just ask. Remember to follow the directions to the "T". If there is something you are not sure of, just ask. I will do the best I can to help.

I tried this first thing and it doesn't work...I need to be able to change my file system to a read/write file system and idk how to or where to even start

4.0.3 ics

I just want to make sure I am understanding you clearly: You cannot even put the files on your tablet itself when you plug it in to the computer? In order to transfer any file from your tablet to the computer, MTP has to be on. Also, are you using an external SD card (a microSD purchased separately)? The directions specifically state that you should be putting the SU file (CWM-SuperSU-v0.95.zip) on an external SD card and then putting the SD card in to your tablet.

I don't have experience with the Springboard. However, if MTP is an option, it should be turned on, as that is how you are aloud to browse the files on your tablet from your browser. Again, I don't know much about the Springboard, but it sounds like it does not want you to add anything to it from the computer, which could be why the directions state to use an SD card.

If you have a card reader in your computer I would use that.

If you do not, you could try downloading
    CWM-SuperSU-v0.95.zip straight to your tablet.

What trouble did you run in to in terms of using fastboot to flash a new recovery?

And lastly, aside from your current issues, do you understand fully what the whole set of directions is asking of you? I don't mean to baby you, I am just trying to get an idea of how comfortable you are with doing all of this.
    UltraDroid likes this.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links