Screen not lighting up - HTC Desire HD

This is a discussion on Screen not lighting up - HTC Desire HD within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Have had my HTC Desire HD for well over a year now, was working fine until tonight when all of a sudden after ending a ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tears_for_Fears
  • 1 Post By CR6

Thread: Screen not lighting up - HTC Desire HD

Screen not lighting up - HTC Desire HD

Have had my HTC Desire HD for well over a year now, was working fine until tonight when all of a sudden after ending a phone call my screen no longer lights up. My LED light still comes on when the phone is on charge and when powering the phone on and off the touch buttons at the bottom of the screen light up which indicates the phone is still working but the screen itself is black and unable to see or do anything.
    Have tried removing the battery and restarting several times with no success.

Any ideas??

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!

Re: Screen not lighting up - HTC Desire HD

Most likely a broken screen.

You can try some awkward methods that sometimes make the screen light up. Try pulling out the battery, Sim card, SD card - everything, take out everything. Then pull in the charger and after some time, put the battery back in.

Try keeping the battery out for 1-4 days.

They rarely work, but if your screen is not broken, it could work. If it is broken, you'll have to change the screen or buy a new phone.

Did the phone experience high pressure lately? It's usually the main reason. Did it fall?
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

It's had a few falls over the years and no issues until now which was random as no falls at the time and was on a call with it working fine and when I ended the call I had no screen,

Is it possible it could be the screen cable or something along those lines? we have no phone repair shops where I live and normally I'd just let it go and replace the phone but unless there is a way to transfer all the numbers, pictures, messages etc off the phone without seeing the screen then I need to get it fixed as has some important information on it.

The screen doesn't appear to be broken, not on the surface anyway, and since it's had no recent falls and has been working fine since it's last then I guess there is no reason for this issue to be from a broken screen, but anything is possible I guess.

:/

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    If the phone experienced high pressure lately, the screen may black out eventually, not necessarily at the very same moment. In this case, the glass will show no signs of it being broken. It could be just a connection problem, but either way, it will have to be opened to find out.

You can save all of your data without a screen by using Android Screencast. It allows you to see and control your device with your PC. Follow the instructions carefully and everything will be fine.
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Tears for Fears

awesome, will give it a go. Fingers crossed it's easy enough to follow. If so then no need to have the phone repaired as I already have another, only need this one for the information on it.

Otherwise looks like the grueling 3 hour drive to a bigger city to find a repair shop as I'm sure I'd do more damage than good attempting to pull it apart myself.

Will attempt screencast now and see how I go

Thanks

You're welcome. If you'll find any issues, be sure to mention them.
    Tears for Fears

Re: Screen not lighting up - HTC Desire HD

Welcome to the forum missi!
    Just an fyi....when you get your phone repaired, make sure all of your contacts are saved to Google. This way if you ever run into this type of problem again, you'll always have your contacts, no matter what phone you log onto.
    Good luck and let us know how you make out.

tap'n

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links