Rogers Voicemail issue on the Nexus One

This is a discussion on Rogers Voicemail issue on the Nexus One within the Rogers forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Coming from the iphone, I have a visual voicemail package which gives me voicemail, 2500 text messages, and call display. This package I pay $15/month ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rogers Voicemail issue on the Nexus One

Rogers Voicemail issue on the Nexus One

Coming from the iphone, I have a visual voicemail package which gives me voicemail, 2500 text messages, and call display. This package I pay $15/month for. getting voicemail, call display, and 2500 texts would cost $19/month seperately, so i kept this package.

dialing my cell number from my cell used to be the manual way of checking my voicemail, but with the nexus one this number dials and promply ends.

To check manually, according to rogers, i have to dial a long distance number in Toronto to check it. The West coast 604 area code number they gave me does not recognize my cell number.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can check my voicemail without dialing long distance??
    Any help is appreciated.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hmmm, something's not right there. I'd call Rogers back and talk to another CSR. Sometimes it takes a few calls to get one that actually knows how to help you.

Anyways, from a landline or cell you can dial 1-877-643-7786. It's a bit of a pain because you have to input your cell# & password, but there's no long distance.

Quote Originally Posted by bee2643 View Post
    Anyone have any ideas on how I can check my voicemail without dialing long distance??
    Any help is appreciated.
    Hi, this is Mary with the Rogers online communications team. It's my first post to this forum.... very exciting :-)

Visual Voicemail does not work on the N1 because there is no Visual Voicemail application. But, you should be able to access voicemail the same way, by holding 1 on the dial pad.

Let me know if this helps.

Take care,
    Mary

@RogersMary
    Mary @ Rogers (RogersMary) on Twitter

Hey call rogers techsupport, they have to give you a specific number for your voicemail which you enter in the settings menu under calling, it didn't work for me at first until I called them and they told me a different number than my original number.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Hmmm, something's not right there. I'd call Rogers back and talk to another CSR. Sometimes it takes a few calls to get one that actually knows how to help you.

Anyways, from a landline or cell you can dial 1-877-643-7786. It's a bit of a pain because you have to input your cell# & password, but there's no long distance.
    I called that number, entered my 10 digit cell number, and it said its invalid!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry454 View Post
    Hey call rogers techsupport, they have to give you a specific number for your voicemail which you enter in the settings menu under calling, it didn't work for me at first until I called them and they told me a different number than my original number.
    but do you have the visual voicemail package?

Quote Originally Posted by RogersMary View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bee2643 View Post
    Any help is appreciated.
    Hi, this is Mary with the Rogers online communications team. It's my first post to this forum.... very exciting :-)

Visual Voicemail does not work on the N1 because there is no Visual Voicemail application. But, you should be able to access voicemail the same way, by holding 1 on the dial pad.

Let me know if this helps.

Take care,
    Mary

@RogersMary
    Mary @ Rogers (RogersMary) on Twitter
    in order for "holding down 1" to work, a voicemail number has to be entered in the settings...this is where im at an impass, i dont have that number...the one they gave me is in Toronto and I won't call long distance to check a voicemail...

Try these:
    604 418-3471
    604 618-1188
    1 877 643-7786

Quote Originally Posted by Wooba View Post
    Try these:
    604 418-3471
    604 618-1188
    1 877 643-7786
    Wooba, I love you.
    The 877 number worked!! Thanks!!!!

I just called Rogers and had the visual vm removed since the N! doesn't support that feature. Had enhanced vm added in it's place and now I get my vm's sent to me in text form through spinvox

A

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links