Questions about Rogers Plans

This is a discussion on Questions about Rogers Plans within the Rogers forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by bambambigellow Hi, personally I still find it's a lot of money 70$ per months + 620$ for the phone. Im starting to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about Rogers Plans

Quote Originally Posted by bambambigellow View Post
    Hi, personally I still find it's a lot of money 70$ per months + 620$ for the phone.
    Im starting to ask myself if the phone really worth it. Since im a college student, and it's a good amount of money for me to spend on that. Doesnt it really worth it, since the phone doesn't have much application and a new version is likely to get out in december.
    You're right, that is a lot of money. Unfortunately if you're going to get a smartphone in Canada, the service plans (voice/data) aren't cheap. Maybe it's like that everywhere? Rogers, Bell, and Telus are quite similar with their plans. Unfortunately some of the other players in the Canadian market don't have as much coverage, which ruled them out for me.

Should I wait or go for it, since the iPhone as tons of application while the nexus as like 1/6 of them. Please answer honestly and be the type of person that is sold to Android phone and won't understand that there is other viable phone around.

Honestly, you're not going to go wrong either way. To me paying $620 upfront was worth it because I have a cheap service plan for it. In the end I'll save money. I like Android and it's gaining momentum. There's 1 company producing 1 phone a year with Apple OS. There are several companies producing dozens of phones a year with Android. If Android can't do what you want it it now, it will (ask Adobe about Flash). Check out the Android market and you'll see there are thousands of apps available.

Android Market

But you need to do what you can afford and if you need a subsidized iPhone, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Don't forget there are subsidized Android phones too...

Quote Originally Posted by jonno2k View Post
    Hi, personally I still find it's a lot of money 70$ per months + 620$ for the phone.
    Im starting to ask myself if the phone really worth it. Since im a college student, and it's a good amount of money for me to spend on that. Doesnt it really worth it, since the phone doesn't have much application and a new version is likely to get out in december.
    You're right, that is a lot of money. Unfortunately if you're going to get a smartphone in Canada, the service plans (voice/data) aren't cheap. Maybe it's like that everywhere? Rogers, Bell, and Telus are quite similar with their plans. Unfortunately some of the other players in the Canadian market don't have as much coverage, which ruled them out for me.

Should I wait or go for it, since the iPhone as tons of application while the nexus as like 1/6 of them. Please answer honestly and be the type of person that is sold to Android phone and won't understand that there is other viable phone around.

Honestly, you're not going to go wrong either way. To me paying $620 upfront was worth it because I have a cheap service plan for it. In the end I'll save money. I like Android and it's gaining momentum. There's 1 company producing 1 phone a year with Apple OS. There are several companies producing dozens of phones a year with Android. If Android can't do what you want it it now, it will (ask Adobe about Flash). Check out the Android market and you'll see there are thousands of apps available.

Android Market

But you need to do what you can afford and if you need a subsidized iPhone, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Don't forget there are subsidized Android phones too...
    Thanks,

I am calling Rogers tonight because my father currently receives the bill and i pay him after that, so i'll call them to change the credit owner thing. At the same time i'll try to get a deal for the nexus. Is there any deal in canada with, maybe, another provider that is better than what we can actually get normally. Like i said at the top, we have dealed pretty much all our phone but we never had a smartphone so I dont know what to threat them with. I am ready to tell them that i'll be leaving them if they don't offer me X deal. But i dont know anything to bargain.

Hope you understand.

$70 isn't cheap but that seems to be the average going rate for any "smartphone" plan whether it is a blackberry, iphone or something else. Most people I know seem to be paying about that for their plan.
    The price of the actual phone is pretty much the same as every other phone in its class that isn't subsidized by a contract.
    There will always be something new out. If you are always waiting for the next big thing then you will end up with nothing. That is how technology moves.
    The Android market has a lot of useful free apps and it is always expanding. Really how many apps do you need and will use? 10 maybe 20 at most outside the stock ones.
    In the end if you like apple and are into the closed apple ecosystem then buy an Iphone.
    If you like to tweak and customize then go for an android.
    If it seems to expensive and you can't justify it, then don't buy a N1. Wait for a carrier to get something and get it subsidized. Your only option for a good android phone under contract in Canada is the Milestone with Telus. Maybe Rogers will get some new HTC's like the Desire but who knows, Rogers seems to be so far behind.

I was writing this as the last two post went up. So my points are a little late.

Rogers can't do anything for you on the price of the Nexus 1. It has nothing to do with them. You can only get the N1 directly from Google in Canada as an unlocked phone.
    Rogers might swing you some sort of deal on a plan for it...maybe..that would be all they could do as far as a N1 goes.
    They also could maybe offer you a deal on an Android phone they do carry like the new Sony or the older HTC Dream

Thanks!

It's your choice of course, but I think it is worth it since it is unlocked and you won't have a contract. Therefore if for some reason you can't afford it, you can always cancel without a penalty and use with any carrier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links