Questions about Rogers Plans

This is a discussion on Questions about Rogers Plans within the Rogers forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hi, first of all, English is not my main language. I want to buy a Nexus One but I have some questions that need to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about Rogers Plans

Questions about Rogers Plans

Hi,
    first of all, English is not my main language.

I want to buy a Nexus One but I have some questions that need to be answered before I go buy it.

I would like to know if it worth to buy the Nexus One since there is going to be a new Google phone out of the market by December. Should I wait until then or I should get the Nexus in your opinions.

I am currently with Rogers and my contract ends really soon, I had a blackberry perl and it's costing me 40$ a month without a Dataplan. Now I want to go month by month and I would like to know what would be the best plan. I have read a lot of forums concerning plans. I noticed that many of them have Unlimited Data for a small cost.

The only thing i have found so far is that page: Rogers
    Which is 50$ for a voice and dataplan with 500mb. Is 500mb enough, is the plan worth it? I saw some people with rogers that had a better plan then that for about the same price, how did they get it. For sure they will not let me go out of Rogers and so if a say that Bell offers something they don't they will let me have the same plan, but I have searched and Rogers is the cheapest of them all.

So basicly I would like to know if there are better plans for me to look at. I pretty much only want Voice/Data. Cause i don't want to overpay for something that doesn't really worth it, when I can have something better.

Thanks,
    Have a good end of a day

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

First thing...

1) The unlimited data plan was originally design for 'wap' type phones before smart phones came onto the scene, which is not available any more and this goes for any other plan with 'Rogers' that is better than what they are offering now.

This is known as a 'grandfather' plan, which cannot be changed or repeated.

2) 500mb should be enough, however it depends on your data usage.

3) What ever you see with Rogers now that is the best you are likely to get.

Best of luck if you can get better from them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    First thing...

1) The unlimited data plan was originally design for 'wap' type phones before smart phones came onto the scene, which is not available any more and this goes for any other plan with 'Rogers' that is better than what they are offering now.

This is known as a 'grandfather' plan, which cannot be changed or repeated.

2) 500mb should be enough, however it depends on your data usage.

3) What ever you see with Rogers now that is the best you are likely to get.

Best of luck if you can get better from them!!
    thanks a lot for your answers =)
    I'll look into that, i'll go visit roger and see what they say.

If anybody else has something to add, go ahead

I'm in the same boat as you BamBam. As far as I have been told, the $50 voice+data plan is only available if you sign a 3 year contract. I'd like to know what rogers out there tells you though.

Quote Originally Posted by beeng View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you BamBam. As far as I have been told, the $50 voice+data plan is only available if you sign a 3 year contract. I'd like to know what rogers out there tells you though.
    I am going there Wednesday, see what they say. I don't want to be an ass to them now, since I dont currently own the phone, and I will not own it until I find a good deal. But if i had the phone, i would go there and sit there until i get a good deal. It worked with my father and sister's plan.

My dad is with them for over 10 years, so he said to them that if they don't give him a better deal than somewhere else, he is just gonna switch to them, and they gave him a better deal than anywere else for a very low price.

Quote Originally Posted by bambambigellow View Post
    I am going there Wednesday, see what they say. I don't want to be an ass to them now, since I dont currently own the phone, and I will not own it until I find a good deal. But if i had the phone, i would go there and sit there until i get a good deal. It worked with my father and sister's plan.

My dad is with them for over 10 years, so he said to them that if they don't give him a better deal than somewhere else, he is just gonna switch to them, and they gave him a better deal than anywere else for a very low price.
    Heh, let's hope Rogers is not like Bell. My old contract is with bell, and they don't give a rats ass about new or old customers. They have made no effort to keep me at all.
    Anyway, I really don't want to sign another contract. Month-to-month gives me the freedom that I need. I ordered my phone, but it hasn't shipped yet. I figure I'll go in to rogers when I have it.
    I've also been looking at fido, but much like telus they won't give me a definite answer on what I need to do to sign up with them (ie can I go month-to-month).

In my almost 20 years of cell/pager service, I have never used anybody but Rogers and have been really happy with them. I know people with Bell though and I don't like what I hear about them.

There's really no reason why anybody using an N1 in Canada should be made to get a service contract other than month-to-month. The reason for a long term contract is to offset the cost of a subsidized phone, which doesn't apply here because we all paid full price for the N1.

Quote Originally Posted by jonno2k View Post
    In my almost 20 years of cell/pager service, I have never used anybody but Rogers and have been really happy with them. I know people with Bell though and I don't like what I hear about them.

There's really no reason why anybody using an N1 in Canada should be made to get a service contract other than month-to-month. The reason for a long term contract is to offset the cost of a subsidized phone, which doesn't apply here because we all paid full price for the N1.
    I can't agree more with you. Sadly, I guess that how the cellphone market is working here in Canada.

PS: I didn't go to Rogers yet, been busy.

Hi

I was, and am with Rogers. My contract has been up with them for the last year or 2. When I got my N1 I switched plans to the $50 voice and data plan then added the $20 Smartphone value pack ( to get voicemail, call/name display, and unlimited messaging). I didn't resign a contract. I am free to cancel or switch plans at any time.
    I think the 500mb Data should be fine as long as you take advantage of wifi when you can and don't stream a lot of videos when you are just on Rogers 3g network

Quote Originally Posted by Bullnose View Post
    Hi

I was, and am with Rogers. My contract has been up with them for the last year or 2. When I got my N1 I switched plans to the $50 voice and data plan then added the $20 Smartphone value pack ( to get voicemail, call/name display, and unlimited messaging). I didn't resign a contract. I am free to cancel or switch plans at any time.
    I think the 500mb Data should be fine as long as you take advantage of wifi when you can and don't stream a lot of videos when you are just on Rogers 3g network
    Hi, personally I still find it's a lot of money 70$ per months + 620$ for the phone.
    Im starting to ask myself if the phone really worth it. Since im a college student, and it's a good amount of money for me to spend on that. Doesnt it really worth it, since the phone doesn't have much application and a new version is likely to get out in december.

Should I wait or go for it, since the iPhone as tons of application while the nexus as like 1/6 of them. Please answer honestly and be the type of person that is sold to Android phone and won't understand that there is other viable phone around.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links