Total cost of phone once ordered?

This is a discussion on Total cost of phone once ordered? within the Rogers forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hi Everyone, I'm just wondering what the total cost of the phone comes to when ordered from Google and shipped here? Just seeing if it's ...

Thread: Total cost of phone once ordered?

Total cost of phone once ordered?

Hi Everyone,

I'm just wondering what the total cost of the phone comes to when ordered from Google and shipped here? Just seeing if it's better to buy on Kijiji from someone or just buy from Google. I'm talking about total, with taxes and duties and everything, thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Most people I've talked to say it's about $80 added on to the total google gives to you. We'll find out how much mine is once it arrives here in the next few days :P

Cool thanks... anyone have an exact amount?

I just check, 530 USD is 531 CAD, so it's a pretty good exchange rate! I think I might buy soon!

You have to pay GST + PST along with a nominal handling charge from DHL (~$7) so it really depends on where you live. I'm in BC and paid 12% so about $70 in tax. It certainly adds to the cost of the phone but I'm saving by not having to have an expensive (locked-in) phone plan for the next 3 years.

I'm in Ontario, so I have 15% taxes... so we're looking at $610ish dollars then

Quote Originally Posted by months View Post
    I'm in Ontario, so I have 15% taxes... so we're looking at $610ish dollars then
    Taxes in Ontario are 13%....

Quote Originally Posted by jonno2k View Post
    It certainly adds to the cost of the phone but I'm saving by not having to have an expensive (locked-in) phone plan for the next 3 years.
    Who do you have your plan with? (I'm trying to find a carrier who will do contractless)

Quote Originally Posted by beeng View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonno2k View Post
    It certainly adds to the cost of the phone but I'm saving by not having to have an expensive (locked-in) phone plan for the next 3 years.
    Who do you have your plan with? (I'm trying to find a carrier who will do contractless)
    I'm with Rogers. I'm contractless because I've been with them a long time and after my last phone contact was up I kept my service as month-to-month. It definitely pays to stick with one company for a while because when you have a history, they tend to give you deals. Rogers does anyway.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links