Android 2.2 (Froyo) Over-The-Air Update

This is a discussion on Android 2.2 (Froyo) Over-The-Air Update within the Rogers forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I believe the Nexus One Foryo 2.2 update will be arriving OTA before June 24th....

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Android 2.2 (Froyo) Over-The-Air Update

I believe the Nexus One Foryo 2.2 update will be arriving OTA before June 24th.

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedEltawil View Post
    I believe the Nexus One Foryo 2.2 update will be arriving OTA before June 24th.
    Oh ya? I believe it will be out before the 19th!
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

i'm in singapore, don't think we'll get it earlier than you guys haha...

Washington DC USA. No Froyo here.
    Anyone willing to bet it won't be out before June 30?

Quote Originally Posted by Luq07 View Post
    Washington DC USA.
    Your location will have nothing to do with the order of the OTA rollout.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie_hyden View Post
    i'm in singapore, don't think we'll get it earlier than you guys haha...

same here.
    I'm still waiting. I tried a manual update and hit an error.

Where the HECK is Froyo!? I mean seriously... I could have updated (and still probably could) to the unofficially Official version of Froyo but I decided to wait. Here Google says it will be ready in a few weeks. (which in my books is maybe two or so). Here we are going on what? A month and still no solid release date? Only ideas and guesses. Some people say on the 24th...others the 27th... and now I hear maybe not until the 30th. Plus there is talk about an even newer version of Android called Gingerbread. How come my buddy who has an EVO can get Flash but I can't!? I don't see how he can since I believe he has Android 2.1 but he said it was in the Market for him. I didn't shell out almost a half a grand for another G1. (which is pretty much dead when it comes to updates) While I know this shouldn't be the case for the Nexus One (atleast not anytime soon) I still find it all odd to what the hold up is. I hope Tmobile isn't the one doing this because I hear rumors of them getting it soon... maybe they are telling Google to wait until the update for the MyTouch Slide is ready or something. Who really knows... I just wish we had a SOLID answer and no more guessing. This is starting really upset me about Google and I have been a VERY loyal supporter since the Android O/S first came out.

Relax, JBL. There's nothing we can do to speed up the release, and Google would have to outright cancel FroYo to piss me off. This is the real world, and we're just end users. Google will put it out when they think it's ready. Trust them to know when that is, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Relax, JBL. There's nothing we can do to speed up the release, and Google would have to outright cancel FroYo to piss me off. This is the real world, and we're just end users. Google will put it out when they think it's ready. Trust them to know when that is, ok?
    I agree.... people have been acting like their Nexus One's with 2.1 just stopped working because FroYo is not out yet.

Looks like it has finally been released OTA:
    Nexus One receives final Android 2.2 FroYo build via OTA update – Android and Me

Still waiting on Rogers in Eastern canada however

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links