Android 2.2 (Froyo) Over-The-Air Update

This is a discussion on Android 2.2 (Froyo) Over-The-Air Update within the Rogers forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Vancouver (Rogers) here, still nothing! Really want to manually update but terrified to do it! Still patiently waiting for Google to get this ball rolling ...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Android 2.2 (Froyo) Over-The-Air Update

Vancouver (Rogers) here, still nothing! Really want to manually update but terrified to do it! Still patiently waiting for Google to get this ball rolling on this!

Well, FRF83 still isn't the final release

Today, a source inside Google let us know that Froyo builds for the Nexus One are still in testing, and that at least one build numbered higher than FRF83 has been OTA'd to a small testing group.
    Google Still Testing Froyo Builds; FRF83 Not Final Release | AndroidGuys

Quote Originally Posted by bcboyy View Post
    Vancouver (Rogers) here, still nothing! Really want to manually update but terrified to do it! Still patiently waiting for Google to get this ball rolling on this!
    Just do it, I've been running manual updates/custom ROM's since my HTC Hero days. Never had a problem yet!

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Just do it, I've been running manual updates/custom ROM's since my HTC Hero days. Never had a problem yet!
    I followed instructions and it said you will get to an Android with an exclamation point. But when I go into recovery, I just get a regular screen and no exclamation point

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedEltawil View Post
    I believe the Nexus One Foryo 2.2 update will be arriving OTA before June 24th.
    Just wanted to say that I was wrong LOL

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

How about you guys stop manually updating your NexusOne to leaked builds and just wait patiently to the official OTA update from Google. Save yourself some headaches later on. Geeze.

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedEltawil View Post
    How about you guys stop manually updating your NexusOne to leaked builds and just wait patiently to the official OTA update from Google. Save yourself some headaches later on. Geeze.

For some people you are right, but for others there is no "headaches later on". We know enough about Android to easily update our phones anytime we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    I followed instructions and it said you will get to an Android with an exclamation point. But when I go into recovery, I just get a regular screen and no exclamation point
    What other error did you get? Are you 100% sure the file was named update.zip and not "update.zip.zip"? look here http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post60435

i just renamed mine "update" (windows)...followed instructions both times for frf50/frf83
    Other phones will make fun of your virgin phone. Then your virgin phone will feel ugly and fat. It will have self esteem issues and start to hang around iPhones. Then it will end up in a dark drawer next to a dirty iPod and a whole lot of regrets. Is this want you want WERA!!
    For the love of God and your Nexus One. Root it!!!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I too know enough about Android OS that I can easily create an app for it (I am a programmer after all). But I wouldn't trust putting a leaked build or unofficial approved code on my phone for many reasons including stability and privacy concerns (you can't trust the developer who cooked up the updated build, not all programmers are angels). But if you feel confident and safe doing it then by all means do what you please

I'll prefer getting the update officially from Google for my Nexus One.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links