Froyo/Rogers any 3G issues?

This is a discussion on Froyo/Rogers any 3G issues? within the Rogers forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I updated(manually) my stock N1 last week to the official Froyo(posted on google at the time) and it worked fine, 3G included. Sometime around end ...

Thread: Froyo/Rogers any 3G issues?

Froyo/Rogers any 3G issues?

I updated(manually) my stock N1 last week to the official Froyo(posted on google at the time) and it worked fine, 3G included. Sometime around end of June I noticed my 3G wasn't connecting. I haven't been able to get it to work since(wifi is fine). I manually updated to the FRF91 patch that was subsequently released and it didn't help. I've used the 'reset to default' in my APN list and two entries appeared that I know I never entered myself, so I know they're coming from Rogers - one is the default Rogers entry using rogers-core-appl1.apn, the other is called 'Rogers Tethering', which tells me it must have come down the pipe from rogers since I've never seen that before, and infers them being quite aware of Froyo's new tethering capability.

Anyway, still getting no 3G love. I never had issues with it before with the N1, this is all new. I get messages in the logcat along the lines of:

D/MobileDataStateTracker( 85): default Received state= DISCONNECTED, old= DISCONNECTED, reason= (unspecified), apnTypeList= default

which is probably just saying 'not working' but FWIW. Been googling around, nothing yet, just looking to see if anyone else is noticing issues. Might be a combination of things, where I am in the city of Toronto, Froyo coming out, Rogers catching up etc.

Any thoughts, experiences appreciated...

DT

P.S. Yup, I tried a battery pull.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you tried a factory reset? I am in Ottawa and 3g/HDSDPA runs great for me.

Not yet...given it did work fine and dropped out without me making any changes, I'm loathe to go through that hassle just yet. I'll probably call Rogers first, but yup I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks

DT

EDGE runs great. I have the AWS for Wind

I know what it is.

Mine did the same for Telus.

Go into the APN and look at port for internet settings. On mine it should be (80) for Telus but it somehow got deleted.

Check what the port for Rogers should be. I bet that is the cause of the problems

Well, for completion's sake, Nager's da man. Support just ran out of ideas, so factory-reset...back to Froyo and all is well.

DT

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links