3G issues

This is a discussion on 3G issues within the Rogers forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Recently sent my N1 back for repair because it was rebooting on its own after the Froyo update. Got it back and it is stable ...

Thread: 3G issues

3G issues

Recently sent my N1 back for repair because it was rebooting on its own after the Froyo update. Got it back and it is stable now BUT only connects in 2G/EDGE ?

Can't even force it into 3G mode ( unknown error ). Was working fine before.
    So I sent it back in figuring something during the initial reboot repair was causing the problem. The phone was return as is ( nothing done ) and of course 3G still does not work. Tried the sim on another HTC phone (HD2) and it works fine in 3G so it is not the network or the sim.

Any ideas what I can/should do next ?

Help !

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Send it back

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Send it back
    Was hoping to avoid the inevitable "groundhog" day scenario with the repair dept!

Looking for some suggestions to prove that 3G is not working for me. They told me I cannot speak to a tech !!!

Check out this recent post. I'm having the same problem.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/t...nectivity.html

Quote Originally Posted by pchronos View Post
    Recently sent my N1 back for repair because it was rebooting on its own after the Froyo update. Got it back and it is stable now BUT only connects in 2G/EDGE ?

Can't even force it into 3G mode ( unknown error ). Was working fine before.
    So I sent it back in figuring something during the initial reboot repair was causing the problem. The phone was return as is ( nothing done ) and of course 3G still does not work. Tried the sim on another HTC phone (HD2) and it works fine in 3G so it is not the network or the sim.

Any ideas what I can/should do next ?

Help !
    Hi Pchronos, I have the same issue due to the model of my N1 which is ID NM8PB99100 or 99HKE002-00(you can check the model of your N1 on the back by removing the battery). With roger carrier only 2G and edge is active... if you have the ID NM8PB99110, 3G should work properly with the right APN settings.

i got the information from this forum Importing the Nexus One into Canada - Android Help

Check it out, hope it helps!!

Try new sim card . The newer versions work better with the nexus one. They are only 9.99 fro rogers. Also turn off your wi-fi

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links