Problem switching carrier

This is a discussion on Problem switching carrier within the Rogers forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hi, I bought a Nexus S on the internet few months ago. It was used on AT&T network in the US, I am in Canada. ...

Thread: Problem switching carrier

Unhappy Problem switching carrier

I bought a Nexus S on the internet few months ago. It was used on AT&T network in the US, I am in Canada. I inserted my Fido (Rogers) sim card, and it worked right off the bat.

Fast forward to now, I am trying to switch to Koodo Mobile (owned by Telus) and I am experiencing problems. When I insert the koodo sim card, I can't "see" the Koodo mobile network. I can see some koodo related configuration into the Access Point Names ( but no koodo available network :/ The ppl at the Koodo booth were kinda clueless and said my phone was locked... which I know it is not. I have a working Fido sim card and a Koodo sim card that won't even see their network.

On koodo website, there's a tool to check if a phone is compatible with their network so I entered my IMEI and it says it's "not compatible". I don't really understand why it wouldn't be compatible with their network since the nexus s is unlocked and is compatible with their band AFAIK.

Anything I can do ?

Sorry for posting here, I didn't find any Koodo or Telus subforums.

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

*#*#4636#*#* Look under phone and see if you are using the right radio. Try different ones and see if you can connect.

Have you tried to manually scan for new networks? I sometimes find my N1 doesn't connect to (or even show me) new networks when I travel. I have to manually scan and connect. My old SE w810 would tell me when there were new carriers present (and Rogers was gone) when I traveled.

Maybe you need to kick the phone into looking for new networks??

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links