Nexus One on Rogers

This is a discussion on Nexus One on Rogers within the Rogers forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I have been with Rogers about 8 months. First signed up with iPhone 3Gs with the $50 student plan and $20 iphone value pack. Switched ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One on Rogers

my rogers plan

I have been with Rogers about 8 months. First signed up with iPhone 3Gs with the $50 student plan and $20 iphone value pack. Switched to BB8900 and all I had to do was switch $20 Iphone value pack to a $20 smartphone value pack.
    After some creative discussions with customer relations I was able to add unlimited incoming, and get my value pack for free, still working on getting SAF credited. Will pay about $65 a month for my nexus one.

Will one 1g of Data be okay for this phone? I never went over or even close with my iphone or the 8900.

Wished DHL delivered weekends! I have to wait until Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Mur3 View Post
    I just ordered mine a couple days ago, hope to get it next week.
    If you've ordered it a couple days ago, it should definitely arrive within the first days of next week (Monday or Tuesday).

Mine should also be here by then :D

Quote Originally Posted by mamatee View Post
    I have been with Rogers about 8 months. First signed up with iPhone 3Gs with the $50 student plan and $20 iphone value pack. Switched to BB8900 and all I had to do was switch $20 Iphone value pack to a $20 smartphone value pack.
    After some creative discussions with customer relations I was able to add unlimited incoming, and get my value pack for free, still working on getting SAF credited. Will pay about $65 a month for my nexus one.

Will one 1g of Data be okay for this phone? I never went over or even close with my iphone or the 8900.

I would use my iPhone 3gs intensively and never went over 300mb a month with City Fido, 6gb of data and everything else unlimited.

I'd definitely trade in my 6gb for maybe 2gb and save some money because I pay well over 90$ a month.

I also have to wait until monday but I'm glad because I need to get some studying done this weekend :P

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    Does Rogers require a data plan for the N1 to work on their network?

A couple of friends of mine could not activate their BB's without 3G.

The Nexus One will work without a data plan on Rogers (wifi for internet, 2G for normal phone usage, the problem is Rogers will not allow you to have the phone whether sub. / bought outright, unless you sign up for a data plan to utilize their 3G network.

So if you just want to use wifi for internet connection, then no! you don't need a data plan, if you want internet connection all the time, then yes! you will need a 'DP'.

It what you call "the most guarantee income" they can get.

Rogers will not allow you to have the phone whether sub. / bought outright, unless you sign up for a data plan to utilize their 3G network.
    that explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkane View Post

I would use my iPhone 3gs intensively and never went over 300mb a month with City Fido, 6gb of data and everything else unlimited.

I'd definitely trade in my 6gb for maybe 2gb and save some money because I pay well over 90$ a month.

I also have to wait until monday but I'm glad because I need to get some studying done this weekend :P
    I applaud the fact that you're able to get studying done. I've been reading up on Nexus all day.. I am too excited.

What case, if any, are you going to go with?

Edit: asking because of shipping, cost etc to Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Arkane View Post

I applaud the fact that you're able to get studying done. I've been reading up on Nexus all day.. I am too excited.

What case, if any, are you going to go with?

Edit: asking because of shipping, cost etc to Canada
    What sucks is that I'll have to pay extra fees here in Quebec when it's delivered to my door...

I haven't decided on purchasing a case just yet. At first I'll experiment with the neoprene sleeve but just in case, I'd like to get something similar to Incase Slider for iphone.

Edit: I'd probably go with one of those two:

http://www.case-mate.com/Google-Case...Gelli-Case.asp

http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/csr3hnx1-bk.htm

Rogers

Just FYI for those worried about the Nexus One on Rogers.

I am on Rogers w/iPhone and have a 6gb/month plan. I just ordered and received the Nexus One last week. I removed my sim from the iPhone and popped it into the Nexus One. No issues at all.

Everything works fine.

Very nice phone. I won't be regretting switching from the iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by rwilliams View Post

I am on Rogers w/iPhone and have a 6gb/month plan. I just ordered and received the Nexus One last week. I removed my sim from the iPhone and popped it into the Nexus One. No issues at all.

Everything works fine.

Good to know!

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rwilliams View Post

Everything works fine.

Thanks for the information. Not switching from the iPhone, but glad to know you're happy with the N1. Can't wait to get mine next week.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links