Nexus One on Rogers

This is a discussion on Nexus One on Rogers within the Rogers forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; So far I have been running the same BlackBerry 500MB data plan on my Nexus One without any issues. I don't know if I should ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One on Rogers

So far I have been running the same BlackBerry 500MB data plan on my Nexus One without any issues. I don't know if I should be increasing the data limit to 1GB. I might even get the data plan upgrade for free since I am still in a contract.

Ordered My Rogers ver N1

Hi Guys/Girls,

I was actually using the T-mobile version of the N1, with no issues at all other than no 3G! I'm on an iPhone corporate mega value pack and just popped my sim in and was good to go...just sold the T-mobile version as soon as I heard that the Rogers compatible version is available, placed my order and am now just waiting. Let me know if anyone is having any issues once you set your Rogers version up(ie APN settings). I for one don't expect any issues again and am looking forward to having my 3G back!

Cheers

What Rogers Plan?

I just spoke to a rogers agent today (corporate sales) about my desire to get a plan for a Nexus One. He wasn't aware of anything.

He stated the following:
    1. I can't purchase the phone thru them (not a surprise)
    2. I had two options to use their network:
    a) sign up for the usual 3 year contract (that normally subsidizes the cost of a phone, with no price break resulting from the full price phone purchase)
    b) sign up for a significantly more costly month to month data and voice plan, that would enable greater flexibility that the "unlocked" phone promises

Not much of a plan!

Is anyone aware of better offer out there (in Canada)?

What Rogers is offering, not a surprise.

Try 'Virgin Mobile'...

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedEltawil View Post
    So far I have been running the same BlackBerry 500MB data plan on my Nexus One without any issues. I don't know if I should be increasing the data limit to 1GB. I might even get the data plan upgrade for free since I am still in a contract.

I just downloaded the Rogers My Account app in the android market and you're able to track your data/minutes/messaging. Saved me because I have about 11 daytime minutes left until April 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by mamatee View Post
    I just downloaded the Rogers My Account app in the android market and you're able to track your data/minutes/messaging. Saved me because I have about 11 daytime minutes left until April 1st.
    I downloaded the Rogers My Account app as soon as I received my Nexus One. It's such a great app, I wish I had it on my BlackBerry Bold before I switched...I would've still switched to Nexus One either way :D

Quote Originally Posted by telemorph View Post
    He stated the following:
    a) sign up for the usual 3 year contract (that normally subsidizes the cost of a phone, with no price break resulting from the full price phone purchase)
    b) sign up for a significantly more costly month to month data and voice plan, that would enable greater flexibility that the "unlocked" phone promises

Not much of a plan!

What was the difference between a & b? I pay $21/month for voice, includes 200 mins day, voicemail, visual call, 3-way, etc. and evenings (6pm) and weekends are free. Then I have the $30/month data plan which is 6gb/month of data.

I don't understand why they would ask you to lock into a 3 year plan for a non-subsidized phone?

Ahyhow, check out TELUS and Bell.... maybe they'll give you a better deal. I think people have verified that the Nexus One works on Bell/TELUS.

Quote Originally Posted by telemorph View Post
    I just spoke to a rogers agent today (corporate sales) about my desire to get a plan for a Nexus One. He wasn't aware of anything.

He stated the following:

Not much of a plan!

You're best bet is to purchase an iPhone at the subsidized price and get whatever 3 year plan that suits your needs, then sell the iPhone and make some money back. You would purchase the 3GS for $299 and then sell it for more than you paid on eBay or something similar.

Canadian carriers do not offer anything worth getting on a month to month basis, particularly if you require a data plan...sadly, due to the lack of competition, it has become 3 year contract with subsidized phone or nothing.

Great, it's good news

Cool Google Voice, N1 & Rogers

I am a Rogers' sub for the last 2 years without contract, and I'll stay this way. Just ordered N1, expect getting it next week.

Google Voice (GV) is a great solution for voice. Unfortunately, not available in Canada yet.

I'll use wifi for internet connection, no need to pay the Fat Cat for a data plan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links