What will your plan be?

This is a discussion on What will your plan be? within the Rogers forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; For me a simcard was only $10 I got that with this plan $50 Monthly service 250 minutes Unlimited SMS & MMS 500 MB $5 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What will your plan be?

For me a simcard was only $10 I got that with this plan

$50 Monthly service
    250 minutes
    Unlimited SMS & MMS
    500 MB
    $5 for an additional 500 MB totalling 1 GB
    $12 for VM and Caller ID

$67

Quote Originally Posted by TheSolsticeBare View Post
    I ordered my Nexus One the day the Google webstore announced they were shipping to Canada. Came within 48 hours and I've been loving it ever since.

I am on Fido with a retention plan. I negotiated this plan when I was using my unlocked Nokia E75. I had the plan for a while and it was a real waste cause I could only use EDGE on my E75 so I never even came close to using my data just because I got so frustrated with the speeds. Thankfully, my Nexus One is utilizing my plan to the fullest.

This is as it appears on my bill:

200/Unl. E/WE + Eve 5PM $17.50
    Credit: Monthly credit -10.00
    Credit: Monthly credit - 7.50
    Data option 1GB 30.00
    Value Pack 10.00
    Bonus: 50 anytime minutes 0.00
    Tethering Access 0.00
    Evenings starting at 5 p.m. 7.00
    Credit: Eve. Start at 5 p.m. -7.00

Total before taxes $40.00
    GST 2.00
    PST 2.80

Total after taxes $44.80

dude ur plan is sick.... right now im paying 25 before taxes on fido for voice plan and urs is only 15 more for data plan. I still have 1 year contract, think they can hook me up with good deal for data?

Quote Originally Posted by bcjack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSolsticeBare View Post
    I ordered my Nexus One the day the Google webstore announced they were shipping to Canada. Came within 48 hours and I've been loving it ever since.

I am on Fido with a retention plan. I negotiated this plan when I was using my unlocked Nokia E75. I had the plan for a while and it was a real waste cause I could only use EDGE on my E75 so I never even came close to using my data just because I got so frustrated with the speeds. Thankfully, my Nexus One is utilizing my plan to the fullest.

This is as it appears on my bill:

200/Unl. E/WE + Eve 5PM $17.50
    Credit: Monthly credit -10.00
    Credit: Monthly credit - 7.50
    Data option 1GB 30.00
    Value Pack 10.00
    Bonus: 50 anytime minutes 0.00
    Tethering Access 0.00
    Evenings starting at 5 p.m. 7.00
    Credit: Eve. Start at 5 p.m. -7.00

Total before taxes $40.00
    GST 2.00
    PST 2.80

Total after taxes $44.80

dude ur plan is sick.... right now im paying 25 before taxes on fido for voice plan and urs is only 15 more for data plan. I still have 1 year contract, think they can hook me up with good deal for data?
    Yes and no. It is very luck of the draw. Regular CSR's cannot give you anything outside what is offered to the general public. You need to speak with a Retentions/ Customer Relations rep. Call into Fido, tell them that you are considering switching carriers and would like to inquire about terminating your existing contract. Then ask who you need to speak with in order to cancel, and they will transfer you to a Retentions/ Customer Relations/ Cancellation rep.

The rep will ask what Fido needs to do to make you change your mind... and then you start negotiating from there.

I've negotiated 4 retention plans with Fido on 4 different accounts (my mom, my dad, my brother, and mine) and I have gotten what I wanted each and every single time, with one single phone call. I've read online, and know of friends, who have failed miserably, had their lines actually canceled, etc. The worst that can *really* happen, assuming you don't actually say "ok so cancel my account" is that they will say no to what you want. Then say "ok, I will think about it and call back", and maybe try again to get a different rep. It is very luck of the draw - some reps are more easy going than others. I guess I've just been lucky.

Tips:
    1 - Be realistic, and be prepared to make sacrifices. You likely won't get everything you want, but whatever you get will be better than Fido's regular plans.
    2 - Don't be afraid to make up a story. When I negotiated the plan above, I told the rep that I got a new job and my employer has a corporate plan with another carrier, which is why I am switching. I also said that an ETF would be comped by my employer. This immediately sparked the rep's interest, which is why I personally think I got the deal that I got. I couldn't get the same deal on my brother's account, of which I did not use the same story.

From what I know, Fido has a base $17.50 retention plan (250 daytime, UL E+W at 5pm), a $10 value pack (2500 SMS, VM, CID), 150MB data for $15, and the remaining data increments are the same as retail. Retention reps can also offer other goodies (incoming calls, network calling, international minutes) and monthly credits (in $5 increments, up to a maximum of $20).

So using what I just told you, come up with a strategy and set aside about an hour or two of time to call. You will likely come out with something better than you currently have. But again, don't get your hopes up cause you never know how good of a deal you can get.

Hope this helps...

Lightbulb Will Work on ALL Telcos

Quote Originally Posted by thesolsticebare View Post

yes and no. It is very luck of the draw. Regular csr's cannot give you anything outside what is offered to the general public. You need to speak with a retentions/ customer relations rep. Call into fido, tell them that you are considering switching carriers and would like to inquire about terminating your existing contract. Then ask who you need to speak with in order to cancel, and they will transfer you to a retentions/ customer relations/ cancellation rep.

The rep will ask what fido needs to do to make you change your mind... And then you start negotiating from there.

I've negotiated 4 retention plans with fido on 4 different accounts (my mom, my dad, my brother, and mine) and i have gotten what i wanted each and every single time, with one single phone call. I've read online, and know of friends, who have failed miserably, had their lines actually canceled, etc. The worst that can *really* happen, assuming you don't actually say "ok so cancel my account" is that they will say no to what you want. Then say "ok, i will think about it and call back", and maybe try again to get a different rep. It is very luck of the draw - some reps are more easy going than others. I guess i've just been lucky.

Tips:
    1 - be realistic, and be prepared to make sacrifices. You likely won't get everything you want, but whatever you get will be better than fido's regular plans.
    2 - don't be afraid to make up a story. When i negotiated the plan above, i told the rep that i got a new job and my employer has a corporate plan with another carrier, which is why i am switching. I also said that an etf would be comped by my employer. This immediately sparked the rep's interest, which is why i personally think i got the deal that i got. I couldn't get the same deal on my brother's account, of which i did not use the same story.

From what i know, fido has a base $17.50 retention plan (250 daytime, ul e+w at 5pm), a $10 value pack (2500 sms, vm, cid), 150mb data for $15, and the remaining data increments are the same as retail. Retention reps can also offer other goodies (incoming calls, network calling, international minutes) and monthly credits (in $5 increments, up to a maximum of $20).

So using what i just told you, come up with a strategy and set aside about an hour or two of time to call. You will likely come out with something better than you currently have. But again, don't get your hopes up cause you never know how good of a deal you can get.

Hope this helps...

this is fantastic...thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links