What will your plan be?

This is a discussion on What will your plan be? within the Rogers forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I already have an account with Rogers so I'm going to just get the new SIM card ($40 plus tax) and then go with the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What will your plan be?

What will your plan be?

I already have an account with Rogers so I'm going to just get the new SIM card ($40 plus tax) and then go with the Add-A-Phone option for $25 for now to share the N1 with my existing plan, but I will be adding the $30 1GB plan. I'll try this for a while to see how it works out.

What will everyone else be doing? I'm looking at seeing what the best options for the N1 would be and why. Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

When it is out for Verizon I will have a similar plan to that of my BB Storm. Unlimited data, 1200 min, friends and family, unlimited text/picture/video, e-mail, and I think thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by E-man View Post
    When it is out for Verizon I will have a similar plan to that of my BB Storm. Unlimited data, 1200 min, friends and family, unlimited text/picture/video, e-mail, and I think thats it.
    Sounds like a great plan! what is the monthly rate for all that? In Canada (even though I don't think that is offered), I'd have to take a 2nd mortgage on my house just to pay the bill.

I've still got 8 months left on my Rogers voice only plan so will stick with that for now and use the other link on this forum to make sure that 3G/MMS won't connect on my Nexus One when it arrives. In Dec, I'll probably transfer to an AT&T North America account

Quote Originally Posted by Mur3 View Post
    I already have an account with Rogers so I'm going to just get the new SIM card ($40 plus tax) and then go with the Add-A-Phone option for $25 for now to share the N1 with my existing plan, but I will be adding the $30 1GB plan. I'll try this for a while to see how it works out.

What will everyone else be doing? I'm looking at seeing what the best options for the N1 would be and why. Thanks.

I terminated my service with Rogers and transfer my number to Wind Mobile, 15 CAD for voice plan and 35 CAD for unlimited data plan. I am happy with the transfer process. No hassle at all; 15 minutes in the store, and wait a few hours for the Wind service to be activated. I am happy so far.

I have a rogers student plan which gives me
    - 10 nationwide my faves
    - 500mb of data
    - 250 daytime mins
    - loyalty free incoming
    - unlimited evenings at 6pm
    - unlimited weekends
    - loyalty $20 smartphone value pack: 2500 text, Cid, vm & more I think more data.

All for 50 plus Saf and taxes

Had my nexus for two weeks, forgot about wifi, and got the dreaded text saying I used all my data. Downloaded apndroid and it turned off my data usage. I use wifi at home, school And work. I forgot about wifi before I exceeded my data And I did HEAVY downloading of maps, Google GPS, browsing, emailing etc. Never went over on my iPhone or blackberry before but never used them as much anyway. We will see how my phonebill look next week.

Quote Originally Posted by E-man View Post
    Sounds like a great plan! what is the monthly rate for all that? In Canada (even though I don't think that is offered), I'd have to take a 2nd mortgage on my house just to pay the bill.
    It is close to $200 USD a month. Sometimes its a little bit more.

has anyone looked into using pay-as-you go sim cards with no data/ just use wifi?

has anyone looked into using pay-as-you go sim cards with no data/ just use wifi?
    I took my wife's PayGo sim card with Rogers and threw it in my N1 as a trial - it worked great. As far as wireless and voice only - I'm doing that with my existing Rogers account as planned - no issues, but sometimes I wish I had the data so I didn't need to look for a hotspot if I really want to check something.

I ordered my Nexus One the day the Google webstore announced they were shipping to Canada. Came within 48 hours and I've been loving it ever since.

I am on Fido with a retention plan. I negotiated this plan when I was using my unlocked Nokia E75. I had the plan for a while and it was a real waste cause I could only use EDGE on my E75 so I never even came close to using my data just because I got so frustrated with the speeds. Thankfully, my Nexus One is utilizing my plan to the fullest.

This is as it appears on my bill:

200/Unl. E/WE + Eve 5PM $17.50
    Credit: Monthly credit -10.00
    Credit: Monthly credit - 7.50
    Data option 1GB 30.00
    Value Pack 10.00
    Bonus: 50 anytime minutes 0.00
    Tethering Access 0.00
    Evenings starting at 5 p.m. 7.00
    Credit: Eve. Start at 5 p.m. -7.00

Total before taxes $40.00
    GST 2.00