i want to root my samsung illusion SCH-I110
This is a discussion on Rooting within the Samsung Android Phones forums, part of the Android Phones by Model category; i want to root my samsung illusion SCH-I110...
Welcome to the site. Moved your thread for responses.
Welcome to the forum!
Sent from my Note 3, using magic ...
GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock
GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom
- On your computer you need to download Samsung KIES for installing the Illusion drivers.
- Then, download and install Odin.
- Next, download the stock Kernel (from here) and the pre-rooted Kernel (from here) and save the files on your computer.
- Then, on your PC open Odin.
- Turn off your phone.
- Reboot it into download mode.
- For download mode press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons together.
- Connect your handset with the computer by using its USB cable.
- Take a look on Odin where the ID:COM section should be yellow or blue and the “added” message is displayed.
- If not you will have to reinstall the drivers on your PC (first disconnect the device by unplugging the USB cable and close Odin).
- From Odin select “PDA” and pick the Pre-rooted Kernel file.
- Don’t check the Re-partition section and checkmark the boxes of Auto Reboot and F. Reset time.
- Then, on Odin click on “Start”.
- Wait while the file is being flashed.
- Then, repeat the same steps from above for installing the stock Kernel because there are some bugs into the pre-rooted one.
- In the end, on Odin the “pass” message will be displayed meaning that you are done.
In some cases, Odin might get stuck while you are trying to root your Samsung Illusion. If that happens, don’t panic, just perform:
- Close Odin.
- Reinstall the drivers on your computer.
- Force restart your phone.
- Reboot the smartphone into download mode.
- Open Odin and then resume the root operation from above.
Then, in the end you might notice that your device is stuck in a boot loop. For resolving this issue you will have to follow the next steps:
- Reboot your Illusion into recovery mode.
- Press and hold Power and Volume UP buttons at the same time.
- From recovery select “wipe data factory reset” followed by “wipe cache partition”.
- Then, choose “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
Asus TF 101 16 Gig B60 W/Dock Macbook Pro 13.3 Mac Air AC 13.3
Asus N56U Router
Airport Extreme AC Wireless Network
IPhone 4 iPad Mini