Alarm Tone and Volume on Note 8

This is a discussion on Alarm Tone and Volume on Note 8 within the Samsung Android Phones forums, part of the Android Phones by Model category; I'm trying to use a song that is already loaded on my Note 8 as my alarm tone and am having difficulty doing so. I ...

Thread: Alarm Tone and Volume on Note 8

Alarm Tone and Volume on Note 8

I'm trying to use a song that is already loaded on my Note 8 as my alarm tone and am having difficulty doing so. I select Add From Phone, select the song from My Drive, but it never loads to the alarm tone. The only places I can choose the song from are My Drive, Computers, Shared with me, Starred, and Recent. I've tried My Drive, Starred, and Recent, and confirmed I can play the song from My Drive, but for some reason it won't attach as the alarm tone.

Any ideas why and, more importantly, how to fix?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus6540 View Post
    I'm trying to use a song that is already loaded on my Note 8 as my alarm tone and am having difficulty doing so. I select Add From Phone, select the song from My Drive, but it never loads to the alarm tone. The only places I can choose the song from are My Drive, Computers, Shared with me, Starred, and Recent. I've tried My Drive, Starred, and Recent, and confirmed I can play the song from My Drive, but for some reason it won't attach as the alarm tone.

Any ideas why and, more importantly, how to fix?
    Welcome to the forum. Why don't you just transfer the mp3 of the song you want from yoyr PC and then to your sdcard and see if that will work. I have a Note 8 and have the songs I want to use as ringtones in a folder on my sdcard and I can select the ringtones and alarms from it.

Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Why don't you just transfer the mp3 of the song you want from yoyr PC and then to your sdcard and see if that will work. I have a Note 8 and have the songs I want to use as ringtones in a folder on my sdcard and I can select the ringtones and alarms from it.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've loaded the sdcard with the song on it but it's not coming up as an option when I click "Add From Phone." The choices I have are:

My Drive
    Computers
    Shared with me
    Starred
    Recent

When I highlight the song from My Drive, then click Select, a progress bar pops up briefly as if it's going to load the song but then it disappears without any change being made.

In memory manager I've verified that the phone recognizes the sdcard and that the song I want is available (i.e., I click it and it plays).

To quote Guido the Killer Pimp - I'm startin' to get a stomach ache...
    Last edited by Rufus6540; 01-19-2018 at 10:33 AM.

By way of follow up I was able to get the song to finally load by going into the clock app and clearing the cache. This was a new phone so I'm finding it hard to believe there was much in there or, even if it was full, it was preventing the loading of the song but I'll take it!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links