Invisible Gadget Guard | Screen Protector Shield for Samsung Captivate

This is a discussion on Invisible Gadget Guard | Screen Protector Shield for Samsung Captivate within the Samsung Captivate Accessories forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; What are your thoughts on the Invisible Gadget Guards? Protect your investment with Invisible Gadget Guard clear protective films. They're totally clear, don't peel or ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invisible Gadget Guard | Screen Protector Shield for Samsung Captivate

dandroid

Invisible Gadget Guard | Screen Protector Shield for Samsung Captivate

What are your thoughts on the Invisible Gadget Guards?

Protect your investment with Invisible Gadget Guard clear protective films. They're totally clear, don't peel or discolor and can be removed without leaving a trace. They fit flawlessly and are proven to keep devices scratch-free. Our patented film was created for the U.S. Military and stands up to abuse generally reserved for combat equipment. This level of protection and quality cannot be matched by cheap imitators.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have a Zagg InvisibleShield on my Zune HD and I'm pretty happy with it, but the only company I could find that made a similar protector for the Captivate as of last week was clearfreak. I ordered just a front protector, which hasn't come in yet. I'll post back here once it has with impressions.

Edit: I think every company that sells these films claims that they have a patented film that was designed for military use (specifically on helicopter rotor blades, iirc)

dandroid
    I've used Zagg shields before. They feel thick and sometimes kinda sticky but they have always protected the device really well.

I didn't feel that mine was thick (at least, it never seemed to interfere with display quality or sensitivity of the capacitive touchscreen), but I did feel like it was a bit sticky. The thing is, at least for me, the stock glass on my Captivate is slightly sticky too, and the zagg protector on my zune is only a bit stickier than it. IMO, totally worth the peace of mind.

I never liked the feel of the invisible shields myself. The stickiness would wear off just about when my corners started peeling up. Since I have been using swipe as a primary keyboard for months, I think the invisible shield would hamper my swype ability.

I use the casemate protector att sells my self. The are $10 for a pack of 3, plus the application is easy (invisible shield = PITA ) and they are perfectly cut and crystal clear. The will scratch eventually (2-3 months), but they are cheap and easy to replace.

Junior Member unleashedvigilante's Avatar
    I ended up ordering the Invisible Gadget Guard yesterday so I will post some results as soon as I get it put on. I haven't ever heard of the Case-Mate protector (probably because I am in such a hurry to find the exit every time I walk into an ATT store) but getting 3 for 10 (or cheaper on Amazon) makes them something worth looking into.

Junior Member illuminati_attdroids's Avatar
    Zagg or Gadget Guard : Which one is better? Or they are same?

Give me a couple days and I will let you know my impression of Gadget Guard.

Well, I finally got my Gadget Guard installed and overall, I would recommend it. The installation process was a little frustration but luckily the screen protector is pretty forgiving and I got a second, and third, chance at applying it. When the screen is off, it has kinda a water color texture to it, but this could easily be as a result of my botched installation attempts. But with the display on, it looks great and it doesn't affect the texture at all that I can notice. I recommend the method of laying the protector in a bowl of water versus dripping water onto it. The Installation Guarantee is pretty nice and I was about to take advantage of it

Well, I just got mine installed also...it does protect the device very well from what I can see. Front, back, sides and both tapered ends get protection...this I love! What I don't love so much is that the screen part of it does give it a rather ugly look and feel (this is just MHO)...also, the back now looks shiny, like the TMO Vibrant...which, to me, is one cheap-looking, ugly phone. Looking at the finished product, I am reminded of those cheap cling vinyl pieces you get for your car windows to darken your tint for extra sunny days. I'll give it some time, and if I can't get used to it, I'll just get either a hard or a gel case...we'll see.

PS: as far as recommending it...I would say this: If you must have something to protect the phone, then so be it, buy it, or the body glove thing that AT&T sells...the better cases are coming soon anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links